ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone bill/tariff GRRRRRRR

Took out my iphone on 27th November, on O2 35 (600mins & 500 texts + free net usage) had a initial payment go out about 2 weeks later of about £40odd....

Had an email from O2 the other day to say my new bill was available to view. Logged in to view £75! WTF!? It's going to be taken 11/01 I took out the insurance £7.50 on top of the £35 line rental, so £42.50. I couldn't understand where the other 30 odd quid has came from....? Turns out I've sent 753 texts and charged me £25 for the extra 253 and a couple of quid for 2 calls + the VAT! So in 4-5 weeks my iphone has cost me a total of £280! £159 for the phone and the rest in bills!

Having come from Orange and having unlimited texts for free! I think O2 need to jump on the bandwagon and do the same! I could add a bolt on, but that bumps up the standard bill to £50 per month.

Looks like I'll have to start sending free emails!!

Has anyone else been having the same issues?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Send a blank text to 21202 and it tells ya your remaining texts and mins

306 TD Slut
arent o2 texts 12p or something?

just got my iphone yesterday on the 1200 minute tarrif with no bolt ons, going to be interesting at the end of the month.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I even out my usage by sending more emails than I used to, especially handy if you convince your friends to buy a iPhone :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
I know but most of my friends don't usually have a data tariff so it's not much use sending them emails.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
That's a lot of texting in a month!!

As BT used to say... it's good to talk!

If you think that's a lot then you wouldn't want to see how many I send!

Unlimited bolt on is necessary if you text regularly, especially so as you can't tell how many texts a "single message" will send, unless you count every letter in the message and work it out for yourself.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Ive got the text bolt on so mines £42.50 a month, as said though £50 is better than £70+ each month, plus then you dont need to worry about going over again.

340i
I got the unlimited text bolt on for free with the £35 per month contract ;)

Just moan at them down the phone, let me speak to the manager/supervisor blah blah blah...

ITB'd MK1
jesus!!! orange advised me to reduce my tariff, AND gave me a loyalty discount (7 years) cos i wasn't sending anywhere near all my free texts. £25 p/m FTW. Wouldn't touch o2 after seeing how they treated my ex......saying that maybe i should thank them

RB 182
Opposite for me, been with orange god knows how long about 5-6yrs+ always adding on extra crap and charges onto my bill definately changing when the contract runs out!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
My orange bill is 37pm unlimited text 1200 mins and unlimited web sounds like you have been dicked!!! The iphone imo is not as good as it should be you cant even send a photo message!!! Mine went back to them after 2 days!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Orange do seem to have sorted themselves out lately.

My bills are £30 p/month, for dolphin 35, with loyalty discounts and insurance. Always use all the minutes and anywhere between 500 and 3000 texts.

If you got the blackberry on Dolphin 35, you would have got unlimited data for £5 a month. It's just not the I-Phone unfortunately. So would have been £45 with insurance, with 500 mins and unlimited texts.

At least AFAIK anyway, this is what I will be doing next.