ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone Email Settings

So I look at my Hotmail email account from my iPhone, as I'm sure most do.

One thing I've noticed and it really bugs me. Is when I delete an email via my phone it doesn't have any affect if I were to access the same account online.

For example hundreds of spam emails or emails I've been through and sorted out, I delete on my phone as I go. Then I log online and all those emails are still sitting in the inbox.

Is there any way to sync these better? I know there's some kind of exchange and local option for the likes of the calendar, so maybe there's something similar.

If you've done it you'll know exactly what I mean, if you haven't then you'll probably just be guessing like I am.

Bit of a long shot but worth a post just in case.

pop3 is only one way. Anything you do on the phone will not replicated to the online mailbox.

Did you enter all the details in manually? Try adding it as a "hotmail" account or an "exchange" account.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Weird, I've literally just sorted this on my GS4, you need to change the setting where it states whether to always retrieve email from server on incoming settings, not sure where that is on an iPhone though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you go into the advanced settings for the mail account you can say what you want the server to do.

At the bottom of the "Account" settings for the specific hotmail account, there is an "advanced" link, click that.

Then click "deleted mailbox" and set the "on the server" to "trash"

If you go into the advanced settings for the mail account you can say what you want the server to do.

At the bottom of the "Account" settings for the specific hotmail account, there is an "advanced" link, click that.

Then click "deleted mailbox" and set the "on the server" to "trash"

Got as far as the bit where you said 'on the server'

Can't find this anywhere. But on 'Incoming settings' I have set 'Delete from server' to 'when removed from inbox'

That seems logical so going to test it out now.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Got as far as the bit where you said 'on the server'

Can't find this anywhere. But on 'Incoming settings' I have set 'Delete from server' to 'when removed from inbox'

That seems logical so going to test it out now.

Sounds promising, when I looked it up it was on my iphone/yahoo settings, so might be a little different for hotmail.