ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone head unit

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I'm looking to get a new iPhone compatible head unit. Are there any good ones people can recommend. Or possibly the good brands to go for and I'll work out which head unit. My price range is flexible, I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount but I'm willing to pay a bit if ones worth it.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Anyone? Or can anyone recommend some good brands? Or brands to steer clear of?

Mini Cooper S
Spend about £200 on a Pioneer. Will get you what you need. Alpine or Pioneer should be your only choices!

Now Sold :-(
Alpine IDA X305s. Fitted in my bean and is superb.
Was very tempted by the Pioneer equivalent unit but it protrudes a huge distance out of the dash and IMO looks gash.

Ph1 - 172
Have a look at the new sony units,

We got the DSX-S100 in at work a few weeks back and it was damn impressive for the price. Im holding out for the DSX-S300BT though before i get one, seems to have everything ill need.

I got the SONY CDX-GT530UI few weeks ago for £50 off ebay and it has direct ipod/iphone control through the front usb. I think it's a good headunit for the price you can pick them up for.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
This one looks good. The Sony idea of having a draw thing for the iPhone is good, but the way it navigates the iPod looks a pretty poor compared to the alpine.

Ph1 - 172
granted lanky that the interface is not as good as the Alpine, but for £140 less its easily good enough.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Alpine 117Ri - absolutely amazing, especially if you want to retain a cd drive

Fiesta ST-3
I've not brought a stereo before so what do I need for it and for fitting?
Anything else other than the actual stereo, a plug device thing so I can still use the wheel controls, and a dock for my iPhone?

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/auto...h-lead-steering-control-adaptors-p-15080.html will this thing do the job with the wheel controls or is something else needed?

Yeap you will need an adaptor for the steering wheel, you may also need one for your ariel. Other than that just your radio code and that should be it.

I've been looking at the Kenwood KIV-700. Anyone know if its any good?

I have a kenwood head unit, cant remember the exact model but its modern and has an ipod connection and i love it. Looks stylish and very easy to use.

With the stalks you need the car specific part aswell however purchasing an autoleads one will mean you have to remove the dash top to fit it

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Oh no I don't like the sound of dash top removing. There was me thinking it would as simple as, pull out old stereo, plug in new stereo and push back in