ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone in-ear headphones?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My in ear apple ones are starting to give up the ghost, still work fine but they are looking a little tired.

So i have a strict budget of £50 and would like a remote+mic. Im really pleased with the apple ones so tempted to get another pair but i'd thought id ask on here before in case i was making a huge mistake.

Please, no beats or massive cans. I like discreet so in ear is best.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The apple ones are pretty pricey IMO @ £26! I didn't know you could get aftermarket ones with remotes :eek:

320d M Sport
Was just gonna say Sennheisers. I would get those for sure. Been DJ'ing for almost 18yrs now and swear by their kit.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Stick with what you already have mate.

You know what you're getting that way and don't run the risk of throwing £50 down the drain.

I use JVC ones for the gym cost me £5 from wilkinsons. :eek:

Do the job I use them for though.

I can't use the normal apple ones as I have funny ears :)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I can't use the normal apple ones as I have funny ears :)

This??

ferengi.jpg

Bus w**ker
I used to love Sennheiser headphones, but their build quality is f**king dire. So I fucked them off and got a set of Plantronic Backbeat 216s (http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/backbeat-216 - black though not the gash white shown). Amazing sound quality, full iPhone compatibility, good build quality and great customer service. Think they were about £25.

Seat Ibiza
When my Apple ones give up the ghost I will be buying some, or Bose? What are they like, always heard good things about they quality and sound but they are expensive aren't they?

Tom, I have these. Came free with an event we did. I don't need/want them and they don't owe me anything. If you want to PM me your address I'll put them in the post when I'm back in London.

d4b78047-3935-8532.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Far too much of a nice chap J-dizzle. Got to love the CS help network.

Tom, if you get them, give them a review as it seems a fair few are looking for one.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Bump. I need some now :eek: any other suggestions. I'm a bit of a brand ***** so want to stick to well known names if poss.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've had some Seinhauser one and only lasted 6 months dont get me wrong they were awesome sound but as said not good build quality. The OE Apple ones are quit uncomftable after about an hour i got to take them out as me ear lobe starts to hurt. I'm after earphones around £30-£35 other than Seinhauser that's the same if not better sound quality that does last longer

Bus w**ker
I can't recommend Plantronics any more sadly. The sound quality of them is f**king immense but the build quality sucks, two pairs dead in under 12 months through normal listening. First ones were covered by waranty but the second pair literally fell apart. Needed some desperately as I was in LDN about to get a boring train back home so ended up in HMV and bought some House of Marley - Jammin' - People get ready earphones. They're fully iPhone 4/S compatible with remote control and inline mic, build quality is really good and they've got a funky design to them (made from wood). Sound quality is really good but I'd prefer them to be a bit more bassy. All in all though I'm pleased with them and they didn't cost the earth (yey for an eco friendly pun!).

http://www.thehouseofmarley.com/jammin-collection/jammin-earphones/people-get-ready-earphones.html

Fiesta ST-2
I've got a pair of apple in ear ones, the expensive ones that come in the triangle case? Don't use them anymore, feel they're a bit weak bass wise.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can't recommend Plantronics any more sadly. The sound quality of them is f**king immense but the build quality sucks, two pairs dead in under 12 months through normal listening. First ones were covered by waranty but the second pair literally fell apart. Needed some desperately as I was in LDN about to get a boring train back home so ended up in HMV and bought some House of Marley - Jammin' - People get ready earphones. They're fully iPhone 4/S compatible with remote control and inline mic, build quality is really good and they've got a funky design to them (made from wood). Sound quality is really good but I'd prefer them to be a bit more bassy. All in all though I'm pleased with them and they didn't cost the earth (yey for an eco friendly pun!).

http://www.thehouseofmarley.com/jammin-collection/jammin-earphones/people-get-ready-earphones.html

These were the brand I wanted to ask a headphone geek about.

Thought I'd be the first, bugger!

Bus w**ker
These were the brand I wanted to ask a headphone geek about.

Thought I'd be the first, bugger!

I take back what I said about the bass level, not sure if I've been going deaf lately and it's suddenly cured or what but this afternoon in the gym these things came to life. Amazing and I love them.

Like those!

Theyre quite comfortable in my ears and i use them when i go running aswell, build is top notch no signs of wearing and ive had them since February, Only thing i regret is that i got them before i got my iphone so i bought the black set. Then i bought a white iphone lol

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Klipsch S4i - Mind blowing, you will struggle to find a better in-ear phone.

Dont buy off ebay though, I bought from a guy on there and they are fake. There are a lot of copies going around these days, they are amazingly good copies too.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Klipsch S4i - Mind blowing, you will struggle to find a better in-ear phone.

Dont buy off ebay though, I bought from a guy on there and they are fake. There are a lot of copies going around these days, they are amazingly good copies too.

Getting these i think!

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
As for a good upgrade headphone the SennHeiser CX300II are awesome, they don't have the remote function but for £15 they are hugely impressive, I've just bought some Atomic Floyd Superdarts arrive tomorrow cannot wait.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Klipsch are awesome. Be careful with play, when I got stung on eBay... I looked it all up on the net and people have had resports of fakes coming from Play, and even Amazon. But thats just the 'marketplace' sections on their sites I think.

Just get them from an Authorised seller.