ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone in the sun

1.8 Civic EX
No, not in the newspaper, but outside in direct sunlight.

Probably quite obvious it's a bad idea tbh but I was just sitting outside for my lunch, phone on the table next to me. Went to pick it up and it actually nearly burnt my skin it was soo friggin' hot!

Pressed the home button to bring up the screen to unlock it to be greated by this....

02890562.jpg

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
lol yeah battery is a bit on the low side

It's cooled down now and back to full working order. Just suprised me as to how hot it actually got

/r****d

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My 3GS survived 42deg heat when I was working out in Greece. It was just hard to hold.

Black FTW.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I got the same as you for the first time ever as well today!

I got this one on holiday too...

46b4ed2e.jpg

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Never had that warning on any of my iPhones either, I've had both black and white

I have the original, a 3GS and a 4. Touch wood, they all run pretty cool. Obviously they get warm when charging up though.

I quite often switch on my original, charge it up and let it run for a few days, in order to keep the battery working well, and it's shocking how slow it is (frame rate) and how rubbish the screen is in 2011.

Maybe not in terms of hardware, but the touch screen certainly was. Or maybe just perhaps in the way the software used it. Let's not pretend it didn't change the game, as nearly every mobile now emulates it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Disagree Wozza, I think the iPhone has been fairly life-changing for the mobile phone industry.

I broke my original 3G, and have had 2 3GS's. They're all dog slow in comparison to the iPhone 4. Wonder how fast Mace's 5 is?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
When my iPhone gets too warm the screen starts fading. The hotter it gets the darker the screen goes.

I try to keep it cool because I don't know what damage heat can have on an iPhone.

fiesta 1.25
Mines done it a few times now. Most of the time when it was burning hot but once got that msg sat in the pub when it wasn't even hot. The brightness also goes down