ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone iQuestion....

SLK 350
New 3G is supposedly unveiled June 4th, but it won't be available in the UK they reckon for possibly 6 months.

Anyone know how to get the mms app working and also the mail app once izymail has ran out?

i could do with knowing this as well. im on o2 if that helps.

as for the e-mail would it be possibly to set up a google mail account and then have all my e-mails from hotmail forwarded to that account so that I could access my e-mail's on the move?

Citroen DS3 DSport
New 3G is supposedly unveiled June 4th, but it won't be available in the UK they reckon for possibly 6 months.

I still think any announcement will more than likely be on 9th June when Steve Jobs gives his keynote speech. I think it would be a bad move to release the 3G iPhone 6 months later and think it will be available before then.

I take it that if I already have an o2 sim, I don't have to unlock the phone and hence dont have to downgrade the bootloader?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I take it that if I already have an o2 sim, I don't have to unlock the phone and hence dont have to downgrade the bootloader?

You do not need to unlock the phone but you will have to activate it in order to use a non iPhone o2 sim.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I still think any announcement will more than likely be on 9th June when Steve Jobs gives his keynote speech. I think it would be a bad move to release the 3G iPhone 6 months later and think it will be available before then.

Yeah. That's generally Apples style. Announce it today, sell it tomorrow.

The iPhone however could not go through this process because they have to submit the hardware for testing to the FCC (in the USA) and to their international counterparts for approval. As this is a public process, Apple had no choice but to announce the iPhone themselves rather than let the FCC do it for them!

The 3G one is going to have to go through (at least partially) FCC testing again, so it's likely it'll get announced in June and will ship shortly after (month or so) - but that still leaves at least 2 months without iPhone stock as Apple themselves seem to have none....

It's all pretty much a guessing game really. I think we can safely discount a 6 month gap though!

I was sceptical at first, dismissed it as a bit unnessecary and was happy with my touch. Once they took the £100 off it was too much to resist! lol..

Really glad I bought one. The keyboard is really easy once you get used to it, not as quick as I was on my old SE but that doesnt really matter. Its a great bit of kit and im sure iPhone2 will be purchased, too.

Is there anyway to turn down the alarm? Almost get a heart attack every morning lol

least it gets me up i guess

Citroen DS3 DSport
Is there anyway to turn down the alarm? Almost get a heart attack every morning lol

least it gets me up i guess

Adjust the ringer volume by pressing the vol +/- while on the home screen and the alarm volume will be at the same level.

fiesta 1.25
Ive just got my phone bill and its gone over so i have turned ssh and edge off.I should be fine now?Also what are the main difs between edge and ssh?

Citroen DS3 DSport
ssh is simply used to connect to your phone via your home pc so that you can transfer files directly from/to it.

Edge and data are what you ideally want to stop using. If you have email autocheck enabled then prob best to disable that.

Citroen DS3 DSport
EDGE is the slightly faster version of GPRS but the EDGE coverage is pretty poor in most places so for the majority of the time the iPhone will use GPRS.

When not using Wifi your iPhone will use either Edge or GPRS. Essentially treat those two as the same thing.

can google mail be used to forward e-mails from hotmail?? my izymail free time ran out and i don't fancy paying for the service.