ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone or HTC Desire???

I have been speaking to a few people and it seems 50/50 on this was just wondering what people of CS think about this?

I have just got the desire and my Gf has the Iphone 4, i must say the desire is miles better IMO.

182 Turbo Project
I would probably go with the iPhone, now that a Jailbreak is available for OS 4!

Free shizzle for the wizzle, my nizzle bizzle.

BMW 330cd
i got a desire had a iphone, my opinion is the desire is better and the i phone is overpriced.

My Gf deleted some messages on hotmail and couldnt get them back i said " I will do it on my phone" She says " No you can't my Iphone wont let me" I said "Let me try" 2mins later there back in her inbox.

Am not sure if its the iphone or my gf though as she is useless with Tech.

Audi S1
My Gf deleted some messages on hotmail and couldnt get them back i said " I will do it on my phone" She says " No you can't my Iphone wont let me" I said "Let me try" 2mins later there back in her inbox.

Am not sure if its the iphone or my gf though as she is useless with Tech.

It's your girlfriend.

TBH, this thread is completely pointless. It may as well just say 'Which phone do you own?' because nobody with an iPhone is going to say the Desire is better and vice versa.

Same as the 'Which is the best Clio?' people just vote for what they have.

You pay your money, you make your choice.

Clio 182 cup'd
Its difficult to compare the two really, the Desire is much older, I would like to see what they offer next.

TBH, this thread is completely pointless. It may as well just say 'Which phone do you own?' because nobody with an iPhone is going to say the Desire is better and vice versa.

Same as the 'Which is the best Clio?' people just vote for what they have.

You pay your money, you make your choice.

I guess, But i just wanted to see what people thought many people have owned iphones though and changed. Also like me i wanted to try something different not go with the original best & favourite Iphone. I no feel Apple have a real contender with HTC. There was talk about samsung, google smartphones being the killer but it never happened. HTC are the future.

I guess, But i just wanted to see what people thought many people have owned iphones though and changed. Also like me i wanted to try something different not go with the original best & favourite Iphone. I no feel Apple have a real contender with HTC. There was talk about samsung, google smartphones being the killer but it never happened. HTC are the future.

You do realise that the Desire runs on Android, which is developed by Google?

Apple raised the bar in terms of looks and materials used in my opinion. I expect HTC to follow suit in the near future.

Aye, but then by the time they do, Apple will be ready with a new phone. The whole process takes a long long time. Not a case of making a phone and having it ready for week.

The Desire has got a decent following and it's by no means a bad phone.

I do realise that google run Android, also the Nexus one is made by HTC google asked them to make them a phone which can compete. when i mentioned google i was talking about the white one forgot its name the first google phone which was rubbish.

I agree Apple where miles ahead & also changed the way mobiles are today, but they are being caught up very quickly by the like of HTC.

Clio 182 cup'd
I do realise that google run Android, also the Nexus one is made by HTC google asked them to make them a phone which can compete. when i mentioned google i was talking about the white one forgot its name the first google phone which was rubbish.

I agree Apple where miles ahead & also changed the way mobiles are today, but they are being caught up very quickly by the like of HTC.

Do you mean the G1? I believe that was also a HTC

Punto/Clio GTT
i dont own either (im waiting for my desire to be delivered though)

ive not read a single, unbiased, review that the iphone wins in a head to head overall.

the iphone is slightly better in a few departments, but for the most part, the desire is the better phone and also costs nearly half the price.

apple have tried to corner the market with anything and everything (and theyre doing pretty well), but the desire is the overall better phone. anyone who isnt an apple fanboi and has an ounce of common sense can tell you that

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
I have had both phones (Currently got the desire) IMO the desire is the better phone, But there are some things the Iphone does better.

You can't go wrong with either phone.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
HTC seem to be doing well with the hardware side of things. It amazes me why people go for the IPhone?. Reason being is that without the apps. It would be nothing!. Also who wants a fone that you pay so much money for that a company can still dictate what apps you can have?.

I want a fone that isn't restricted by what apps "they" tell me I can or can't have!. When you think about it I bet Apple are having a right laugh and rubbing there hands with the amount of people being taken in. Yes I agree all handset manufacturers are the same, but its only Apple that charge stupid amounts of money for a handset that should be half the price and also should allow developers to make any sort of apps without Apple laying down the law!.

^ Thats the only negative thing I can say about the Desire. Charging a phone every night is new to me, and a bit annoying, but the iphone aint that much better.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
If you turn all the internet bits off like when I was on holiday you can get days out of the desire. Just turning auto updates on face book etc helps a lot. I've had to charge nightly for years with win mobile phones so its no issue for me and can't see the iPhone been much better tbh.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't mind charging every night so long as I did actually get a full day out of it! My current phone gives me about 7 hours if I use or 3 or 4 times :(

AK

M240i
If you turn all the internet bits off like when I was on holiday you can get days out of the desire. Just turning auto updates on face book etc helps a lot. I've had to charge nightly for years with win mobile phones so its no issue for me and can't see the iPhone been much better tbh.

I get to about 12-1 o'clock before the battery is at 30% on my iPhone, everyday lol!

133T
Got the Desire and it's starting to annoy me. Constantly losing signal and it can take around 10 minutes for it to shut down. Not impressed with the video or pictures either.
Should've got the iphone in hindsight imo.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Had an iPhone, at upgrade time I went for a HTC Desire...after a couple of months I was hating it! Back to an iPhone with the 4 now and loving it! :)

Ph1 172
i turn my internet connection when i need it on my desire, battery can last two days easy. if your using the task killer app, f**k it off doesn't help one bit, tbh makes the battery life worse.

The Desire could be better, YES. However if the battery is all people are worried about, then turn down the brightness and any bits that you don't use, it should help. My Desire is the best fone I have ever had and I have had loads of fones.

The IPhone is better for the video as the 720p on the Desire is pitiful in comparison, but no and here's the biggie for me... APPLE JUST SELL YOU OLD TECHNOLOGY, THEN TELL YOU IT'S BRILLIANT. Don't know what I am talking about? - try Facetime... or rather video calling!. why is it, Apple tell its new and everyone fellows and is like "WOW!".

It's a real shame as no matter how I see the IPhone, I just can't look past what Apple do to brainwash people :(. No doubt its just me that thinks like this, but I can see as an outsider looking in just what influence they have. I just hope they don't get complacent as like Sony in the gaming sector. People won't always follow!!.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
o how things have moved in the last 10 years!
first ever phone at 11! (snake FTW)
nokia%203210.jpg

o how things have moved in the last 10 years!
first ever phone at 11! (snake FTW)
nokia%203210.jpg

I much prefered the Nokia 5110 to the Nokia 3210 pictured. I Think I was 15 when I had a Nokia 5110 lol ha, ha. Whatever happened to Nokia?! :(.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Depends what you want.

My iPhone is my iPod, the desire is a rubbish media player compared to the iPhone.