ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Screen

fiesta 1.25
Ive got a 16gb 3GS in white but unfortunately the screen has a crack across the phone but it still works perfectly.

What are my options? Im assuming apple will say its not under warrenty as its been dropped. Am I best selling it on or getting the screen replaced?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im banning you from the tech forums.

Take it to apple, they might/will charge you.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
F-i-L took his phone there, 2nd hand (he didn't tell them that obviously) and they said ah yes, common fault they gave him not a replacement screen, but a brand new iPhone.

Iceberg Ph1
TOTALLY OFF SUBJECT.. But it is to do with the screen :rasp:

Whats my options for a single dead pixel on my phone.. I'm not that fussed about it tbh, but if I could get it fixed, surely its worth a shot.. Any ideas anyone?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Don't tell them! Just say it cracked in your pocket or something, see how you go. My f-i-l definitely didn't expect to come out of the shop with a brand new iPhone, that's for sure.

fiesta 1.25
Ill book it in say it vibrated too much and fell of the desk.

If not is it worth much cracked? Still works perfectly but its on 3.1.3 05.12.01

Don't tell them! Just say it cracked in your pocket or something, see how you go. My f-i-l definitely didn't expect to come out of the shop with a brand new iPhone, that's for sure.

He didn't come out the shop with a brand new phone, he came out with a refurb unit.

Clio 182
Cracked screen is £157 to replace I believe. Mine also had a dropped pixel, exchanged straight away by Apple :)

My girlfriend lost her iphone, Was kindly returned to her with a hell of a cracked smashed screen, Bought a digitalizer/glass kit off ebay for £30,

Following a guide it was very very easy to replace, Only pain was picking the broken glass off!!

fiesta 1.25
I can be pikey if i want, i really don't think they will replace it for free as its not under warrenty.

I might have a go at doing it myself. I opened up a 2G once and it didnt look pretty when i put it back togetehr, are they easy to prise open?

2.2 bar shed.
Paid £50 down the market for a replacement screen. Going out pissed with your phone is always a risky option...

If the backs cracked maybe you can get them to exchange it on that?

2.2 bar shed.
Does it look just as good as before? Can you tell its not a "apple" screen?

Mmm 2 secs ill try and take some decent pics.

4638599473_82dc4532b8_b.jpg

4638599473_82dc4532b8_b.jpg

Theres a bit more of a lip on the glass/metal bit but I dunno if thats me just imagining things. The glass doesn't feel right either, but for £100 cheaper I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
I got the "Genuine Apple" digitalizer, Ribbon cables had Apple stamped on (suppose it doesnt mean anything) But the quality was second to none.

2 screws out the bottom, Sim card out the top, Then you can use a sat nav suction cup to flip the screen up... because of so many cracks i just used a flat screwdriver.

Obviously there's a lot more to do after that but i found it straight forward.

Looks back to standard now.

fiesta 1.25
Yeh looks ok, what do you mean it doesnt feel right?

This is the one i have will take it in to get repaired unless anyone fancies it for £250?

0452810a.jpg

be3b07a5.jpg

97983fb9.jpg