ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Sound Dock

SLK 350
In the market at present for a dock/speakers combo for my iPhone. Just wondered what people already had and any recommendations.

Been into John Lewis a few times and contenders are:

Logitech Elite X-Fi @ £150
Bose Soundock @ £200
B&W Zeppelin @ £400

All sound good although the Bose is the weakest of the above. Not interested in a seperates in a system, it's more about portability and lack of cabling I'm looking for.

Mercedes C Class Sport
I have the Bose Soundock, its superb quality but doesnt go as loud as others can, looks good and portable.

SLK 350
Indeed the Bose sounded pretty week to be honest for the price. The Klipsch iGroove for £99 is vastly superior but unfortunately won't work with the iPhone.

BMW F31
have a friend who has the zeppelin, tbh i was blown away by the sound that thing emits! if you can afford it i would get one! looks cool as f**k too! ;)

Formally Clio 182
I tried my iPhone with the Bose sounddock in the apple store.

It works fine for iTunes, but if you get a call you need to remove it as it wont work and it does display a warning that it doesnt work when you connect it. - ignore that.

Fits nicely in the dock unless you use a case.

Sounddock sounds amazing, as the apple store let me play a bit of drum and bass on full blast so i could test how good it sounds as well as the bass.

SLK 350
timmah, any idea what version that was? I was under the impression that the Bose paused the music for you to take the call?

Most will give you "this accessory was not designed..." but as you say you can ignore that, the real problem ones require Airplane mode and interfere like fk when receiving calls etc.

I'd love the Zappelin, but not sure it's over twice as good to justify the price over the Logi/Bose.

RS mk2 172
I looked at the bose sound dock but it sounded a bit weak and ended up getting the Jamo i300 which to my untrained ears is awsome for the money.

SLK 350
Might go have another look today. Really need something but just still deciding if spunking 400 buttons on an iPod dock is too much, I could buy a decent vintage hifi for that lol.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I would go about this a different way...

If your music is on your iPhone it's also going to be on your computer too.

Get yourself to RicherSounds for some entry level HiFi, and stream the music from the computer wirelessly, or use a decent off board sound card.

Look at "Squeezebox" or "Apple Airport Express" as a start.