ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone survives a dunkin'...

Banana
...So my iphone falls out my pocket as I'm droppin my kecks...sploosh! "WTF?...Oh s**t my phone....
It must've been submerged for a good 7-10 seconds before I retreived it. When I took it out the screen was fooked, nothing worked and it was full of water so I just switched it off till I got home. 4 hours later there was still water coming out out every orifice so I took the sim tray out and pointed a desk fan at it and left it for 24 hours. Then I stuck it in a bag of rice for a further 24 hours. On day 3 I stuck the sim back in and voila- everything works perfectly. It has been on for a week now and hasnt missed a beat.
The thing is though, apple put moisture sensors in the headphone socket and docking point which turn pinky-red if they get wet (mine are totally red), so even though there is no probs with the phone, the warranty is now void even if it is a non-water related claim.
Apparently these sensors can react to a drip of water, so be careful because a raindrop or a drip of sweat down the headphone hole could void your warranty.

Titanium 182
Would you invalidate your warranty if you were to have the phone in the bathroom with you when you take a shower and it gets steamy ?

Because I play music on mine when I'm in the shower so I can singggggggg (8)
:(