ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Syncing Issue

A silver one
Hello,

I've never had a problem syncing photos to iPhoto, apps, calendars or contacts. Earlier on today I tried to sync movies for the first time, but got a warning:

"The iPhone “Matt’s iPhone” is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?
An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone with the contents of this iTunes library."

Now obviously I don't want to erase everything on this phone (I'm mainly worried about losing app data), so phoned AppleCare for clarification. The guy didn't seem to know the answer so spoke to his senior adviser. I've been given these steps to follow:

Transfer purchases;
Backup;
Select movies tab;
'Tick' sync movies;
Click apply;
Acknowledge warning.

He has told me that this will sync the movies between the iPhone and Mac, but will not erase anything else as only the movies tab is selected. Is he right, because the warning message sounds very much like everything on the phone is going to be erased?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Matt

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well thats your issue then lol, you can't do that and you will lose it all... you can use certain programs to save music etc... but most things will be gone i think

A silver one
What a completely crap setup! I own both machines, have iTunes on both of them, log in with the same Apple ID, yet I've got to lose everything on the phone to get it working properly. Piss Poor!

Thanks for the advice though. The f**king morons at AppleCare clearly don't know what they're talking about! Money well spent so far! (I won't be complaining if the Mac goes tits up mind!)

A silver one
Is there no way to 'un-sync' my phone from the original PC it was set up on, without losing all of the app data on the phone?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I managed to do this, but I'm not sure how sorry.

I think I copied my itunes folder from one machine to another. Mine then synced perfectly to my new mac, never have to use my old pc again.