ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone tarrifs

Maybe don't reply to texts with yea, cool, l8tr or other shite & ask or reply to everything in 1 text & not 20 ;)

HTH :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
Your first bill will no doubt have a part month included too which may have increased the total amount you are paying? All depends if it's a upgrade or a new contract.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
So you knew you had 1000 texts, exceeded the, get charged for them, and whinge about? Not heard of the multiple iphone allowance apps to monitor your useage?? lol...Plus you have free data, use emails....:approve:

VaVa
Here's a thought. Try actually ringing people? Your texts witll decrease surely?

I thought only 14 year old girls sent 000's of texts tbh.

Dynamique Flamer
Can't ring people when I am at work and the girls that sort out my horse for me text me questions and my mother etc etc

Going to ring a supervisor now and see what they say who knows if I try hard enough they might let me LOL

Can't ring people when I am at work and the girls that sort out my horse for me text me questions and my mother etc etc

Going to ring a supervisor now and see what they say who knows if I try hard enough they might let me LOL

no iphones tarrifs offer more then 500 texts even with orange :S bit stupid id have thought a higher tarrif would give you more texts but it doesnt help your screwed tbh

Last edited:
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
Get all your mates on iPhones to use Ping or whatever the latest one is and that could save you a bit.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I have the whatsapp but only know one other person that has the app :(

never heard of that, but i have seen a app that allows you to txt using the internet ;)

you enter the number and txt and send.. it goes through internet basicly, but iv yet to try it,

go to appstore and look in social category and just look through there is about 4pages down,

Citroen DS3 DSport
Today I downgraded my tariff to £20 Simplicity on o2, 600 minutes, 1200 texts and unlimited data. My 18 months do not officially end until 13th January but they did it anyway. My official unlock text arrived today too.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You should have taken the wifi bolt on. then added the data.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I never used the wifi service via o2, only ever 3G, so the unlimited internet option was the better option of the two offered.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm guessing from your post that the data allowance is a cheaper option when combined with the wifi bolt-on?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Ah ok that makes sense then. In Glasgow I've never found I need the free wifi as 3G is usally faster and more reliable.

Tesla MP3 2021
Just spoke to O2 and as of tomorrow I am on the iPhone Simplicity 20 tariff :) Nice £15 saving per month with an extra 700 texts :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
So for a 16GB 3GS, pay monthly is roughly £185 + £35/month. Average cost per month is a smidgen over £45.

And on simplicity it's £450 + £20/month. Average cost is £45.

Same cost but not tied down for 18 months and extra 700 minutes. Is that right? Am I missing something?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Anybody know if the "bolt ons" are fixed with this iPhone simplicity tariff? It looks like a good deal to me, only thing is the lack of unlimited texts.

S3, Polo
So its just a simcard then really? So you still need to buy the I-phone?

Yep.

Still works out cheaper to buy a £400 16gb 3GS and a Simplicity SIM @ £20 p/m than to fork out £45 p/m for 18 mths + £88 up front.

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah but as I already own my phone and my original contract is running out (next month) then switching to this saves me £15 per month, simple!

This will do nicely until the new model comes out in 2010, which I will probably just buy outright.

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Anybody know if the "bolt ons" are fixed with this iPhone simplicity tariff? It looks like a good deal to me, only thing is the lack of unlimited texts.

Not sure to be honest mate, best give O2 a ring.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The iPhone Simplicity 20 tariff includes 600 minutes, 1200 texts, Cloud wifi access, visual voicemail and unlimited data.

For now it's mainly only been offered to people at the end of a 18 month iPhone contract and not to PAYG purchased iPhone owners. I think it all depends who you speak with at o2 but I was told yesterday that only the retentions department are offering the tariff.

Tesla MP3 2021
The iPhone Simplicity 20 tariff includes 600 minutes, 1200 texts, Cloud wifi access, visual voicemail and unlimited data.

For now it's mainly only been offered to people at the end of a 18 month iPhone contract and not to PAYG purchased iPhone owners. I think it all depends who you speak with at o2 but I was told yesterday that only the retentions department are offering the tariff.

Correct, and it was retentions that I spoke to today.

Tesla MP3 2021
I thought it was unlimted data for the first 12 months and then it was £10 per month after that.

From what I can see on the O2 website, if you top up £15 you get...

Top-up £15-£29 and get 1000 free minutes to O2 mobiles and standard UK landlines from your chosen postcode

Unless I am missing something.