ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Total Costs

Citroen DS3 White
3GS 16GB P&G/Simplicity £440.40 + 24*£19.58 = £910.32
3GS 16GB 24m £87.11 + 24*£34.26 = £909.35
3GS 16GB 36m £184.98 +24*£34.26 = £1007.22​

My gf is after one so looked at through life costs, base of 24 months to make them comparable.

Taking a P&G and Simplicity is quite cheap considering you have very little committment, get an extra 100 texts and unlimites o2 to o2 calls.

I <3 excel.

EDIT, balls to copy and paste fail.

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Price fail?

Where did you get those prices?

And why would you choose the unlimited 02 to 02 calls as the simplictity bolt on over free web??

Simplicity is £19.58 for 600 mins, 1200 texts and free web.

And remember with the payg sim you get the web free for a year anyway.

Citroen DS3 White
Price fail?

Where did you get those prices?

And why would you choose the unlimited 02 to 02 calls as the simplictity bolt on over free web??

Simplicity is £19.58 for 600 mins, 1200 texts and free web.

And remember with the payg sim you get the web free for a year anyway.

Fixed.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
See i use mine mainlt for texts, so i'd have stuck with PAYG fot the first 12 months.

VaVa
The fact you bought one means anyone in the world can be made to realise the greatness of the iPhone :approve:

Except I don't actually like it that much lol. It's nicely polished.... but I'm unfortunate enough to live in an area where 3G is patchy at best and there are very few wifi hotspots. And without tinternet, it's a bit of a f**king brick really. It does email very well though I must admit. I even get my work emails on it lol :eek:

The apps are great... but largely all gimmicks, and nothing you cant get on any other phone.

The battery is woeful. They're fragile. The camera is a waste of time in anything but broad daylight.

Good, definitely. Great? Not yet ;)

Baby steps.

A year ago you'd hunt down iPhone threads just to bash them. Now you're the proud owner!

One day you'll be watching the keynotes on a live feed on MacRumors ;)

VaVa
A year ago it was the non 3G. That was the biggest rip off the phone world has ever seen, yet the fan boys bought them in droves. The 3GS is better... but not great ;)

And I have no idea what keynotes are lol

June 08 the 3G came out. So a year ago, it was! lol..

Keynotes are speeches. Where God, sorry, Steve Jobs, tells the world about new stuff!!

I hated them, got one, realised they were ok, but crap battery life, sold it.

Although, if the next one has a battery capable of lasting more than a day - I will get one.

VaVa
It's not just tha iFail that falls short in the battery dept in all fairness. Phone technology has been waiting for battery/energy tech to catch up for some time tbh.

It's not just tha iFail that falls short in the battery dept in all fairness. Phone technology has been waiting for battery/energy tech to catch up for some time tbh.

True. All the high tech phones have that issue. I get 4-5 days out of my current battery. Saves on my electric bill.

SG9 Forester STi
Got my iPhone 3GS on Saturday and it cost £440 only pain so far is the battery life which is around 2 days if you're sensible with it. Its an awesome phone but just getting used to the lack of buttons and apologising for many text fails lol.

a burnt one
Don't know what mine will cost over the term of the contract, kinda impossible to say seeing as i dont have the next year and a halfs bills in front of me.

Clio 182
Don't know what mine will cost over the term of the contract, kinda impossible to say seeing as i dont have the next year and a halfs bills in front of me.
err guestimate? if you didnt go over your price plan, which you shouldnt if your on the right one! :)

a burnt one
err guestimate? if you didnt go over your price plan, which you shouldnt if your on the right one! :)

my last 3 bills were £80.44, £59.37 and £181.36.

Guesstimate doesn't somehow cut it and seeing as no tarrifs offer unlimited texts then I fail to see how 'you shouldn't go over that amount!

Arctic Blue 182
I have a friend that works in 02, if anyone wants a 16gb iphone 3GS, he can do it for £25 on a 18M £44 tariff. :)

Any chance you could PM me some details on this?

Im looking to order a new one in the next few weeks, definetly interested in this!

Hyundai i40
must say my iphone wasnt as good as people bigged em up....few extra apps here and there, but tbh the fact i have to be within distance of a charger of some kind is a bit of a pain.....yes i use it alot :eek:

1998 BMW e46 323i
Bought my 3g off eBay £240, sold my n96 for £160. Use it on my voda contract. So in total over 18 months it will cost me £630 (£35 pm) + £80 to buy, so £710 all in, or £80 more than my voda n96 would over the same time...

Wish it had a better stills/video capabilities, but other than that it's great.

Arctic Blue 182
Yup just PM'd me the details, takes the cost of the handset down from £87 to £25 on the £44/month tariff

Initially I thought I read it as £25/month lol, still a good discount though!

Yea its fully REAL! hahaha

He's the manager of an 02 store in london, anyone can just go and get it from him, i just have to tell him they are a friend of mine!