ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The (IMO) ultimate Iphone 3GS deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I have worked out the ultimate way i think.

Get the iphone on PAYG
Get a simplicity contract sim, put that in. (@ £20 per month, if you order off the website you will be getting 800 minutes and 1600 txts)
You will then have an iphone without visual voicemail or wifi, HOWEVER.
PAYG sim (which would come with the PAYG iphone you just bought) = 1 years free wifi access, when you try to connect to a wifi it asks for your mobile number, put in the mobile number of the PAYG sim and voila, free wifi.

So basically, you'd be getting an iphone with decent minutes/texts/full internet access/wifi which costs no more over the contract than a regular iphone and you can cancel the contract at any time.

All you'd be missing out on is the visual voicemail which nobody cares about.

Link to a source which confirms this works (bit gutted i found this link after i'd worked it out for myself):

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39029453,49302556,00.htm

Bit of maths for comparison:

buy the 16gb 3GS - £440
18 months @ £20/month = £360
= £800.

or,

get the 16gb 3gs on £35 contract - £184
18 months @ £35/month = 630
= £814.

*edit*

I've ran out of posts but will edit this one, according to the O2 forum and CNET article linked above, you do get 3G internet, i'm not sure where the idea that you don't came from, Revels told me but i've found no reference saying you can't anywhere. It makes no sense to not allow 3G internet on it because nearly every phone has 3G these days. If you read the posts at the bottom of the link from people they confirm that this works on the current 3G.

You get the 3g for free according to everything i've read. Link me to something that says otherwise please as this is the bit thats got me stumped.

Last edited:
How about also missing out on the 3G.

Kinda makes it pointless?

Oh, you'll get 3g. But you'l have to pay loads for it, where as with the contract it's free and unlimited.

Last edited:
I cba to go and link you. But i highly doubt they'd give 3g free on PAYG, i don't f**king get it with them. They won't.

185lb/ft dCi
if you buy a brand new payg 3g o2 sim for the iphone u get wifi AND 3g internet access free for the first year.

Better than yours. C*nt.
But the 3G is tied to the SIM.

And you've saved... £14. Congratulations. Thank god you did that, because I'd have cost myself nearly three times that if I'd spent an hour tossing about over something that trivial!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
you will get 3g on a simplicity and payg and it doesn't cost loads either. Thats total horse s**t, i have it right now and it's great, i have a BIS bolt on and that gives me unlimited emails and internet usage on my bold or 8900 depending on which one i'm using. The only added benefit here is that you can change your contract at any time. 3gs is a waste of time anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.