ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone4 issue. Not sure if hardware or software. Advice please

Clio 1970000000
Hi all

I have an iphone 4 that is muting my voice during calls. Please read the rest and see what you think. The phone randomly mutes my voice. I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. It is not the proximity sensor as the mute button is NOT blue, but stays black. No amount of pressing the mute button or anything else will solve the problem apart from hanging up and phoning again. It also doesn't matter if I have made or received the call.

So, having spoken to Orange, I have wiped the phone numerous times and restored from backup. This didn't work so yesterday I went to the Apple store and replaced the phone. Restored the phone and still the problem is there. This is an unusal iphone problem and the chance of me having 2 new phones have the same problem must be very low.

Spoke to Orange again and have now deleted itunes as they said that this has solved problems before and am going for a completely new instal which has pissed me off as I have now lost all my app settings.

Hopefully this will work. Do any of you have any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thanks

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Like Tom mentioned, if you're restoring from the same backup, you're restoring the glitch, too.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL'd at the username.

Not being an expert, and reading that I'd say it's your backup?

Think about it, the only thing not changing in this situation is the Backup you use and computer. Problems gotta be with one of those two. My 3G won't let me hear people unless I put them on loudspeaker, although that IS a hardware fault.