ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhones 4s dying!

Clio 182
Jailbroke my iPhone just over a week ago and its been running absolutely fine. However the last 24 hours the battery has suddenly become a nightmare! Draining about 25% an hour on the lowest brightness, data disabled etc! Now I didnt install anything in the last 48 hours at all or change any settings.. I did as a precaution delete the last few applications I downloaded, turned off all notifications etc but still getting 20-25% drain an hour!

Asides from the obvious, restoring to the original firmware, is there anything else people can think of to try?!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Would be epic is some clever cnut at Apple had some embedded firmware that detected non-standard iOS and killed the battery. I simply CBA jailbreaking my iPhone, though I can understand why people do it.

D.

Clio 182
I will give the battery app a go!

Haha or someone has hacked my phone and monitoring my everymove :D

There is a lot of cool features by jailbreaking for sure but once you get over the fad its liek anything, you dont tend to use any of it!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd put it back to Apple iOS incase it buggers up and you need to take it back.

I had jail broken my old 3GS. Worked fine for many months and and then one day decided to just stop. Nothing would load, stuck on the iTunes screen, tried all the types of resets and restores but it was still broken. Fortunately, it restored just enough to load the apple icon instead of the pineapple at the start. Took it to Apple store, and because the logo had changed and I may have flirted a little with the gay guy behind the counter I got a new phone out of warranty. Saved me £140 lol

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Re install IOS 5, I jail broke my 4 about 15 months ago and remove the jail break within a week.

No point to jail breaking on the later IOS devices IMO, you will get bored of it and change it back anyway no doubt.

Clio 182
To be honest there was no real functionality I was lacking. I just like trying things out, broadens my understanding etc. I am going to go ahead and reinstall ios 5 this weekend.

I just dont like not understanding why it has suddenly had an impact, the fact it was as good if not better for over a week and then out of no where it developed this issue. Really bugs me! It wasnt a gradual change either.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
By going back to iOS 5, you'll see if it's hardware or software. If its hardware then back to Apple and problems solved. If its software, then I'm sure google or someone here will have an idea.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
ive had my 4s for 2 weeks now and when I reach 20% battery the phone switches off. Doing my tits in

Clio 182
Well back to apple firmware and its running fine again! Thinking of actually selling it though as I dont really need it. Having said that I've said the same with every iPhone then I get rid of it and miss it just for the simple things!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
How much are you selling for ?

I've been thinking about upgrading to a 4s for a while