ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhones and Bluetooth.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I want to share images via Bluetooth but I'm struggling to connect to other devices, I've heard that in some cases you need an App for this. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I've got Bump, but that only seems any good for phone-to-phone sharing. I'm trying to connect to a printer via Bluetooth.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
whatsapp messenger, have the app on both phones that you want to share pics/video, or if to another iPhone use iMessage

Polo + Micra
i'm guessing this would be one of the bluetooth profiles that apple have not allowed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
iPhones only support handsfree and AD2P profiles.

If you want to print wirelessly use air print or a similar system. (eprint, google wireless printing, epson do an app too)

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Thanks Tom, probably explains why I'm not getting anywhere with my phone lol.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
iPhones only support handsfree and AD2P profiles.

They actually support much more than that, but they only ever discover devices that report that they are hands free device class.

The profiles themselves are separate to the advertised device class, Bluetooth is very weird.

Despite this, if say you (thoretically) discovered that the iPhone supported the magic COMM class, you'd find that although you could connect to it, you couldn't actually use it without the auth chip.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No I'm aware they support quite a few profiles with the 4s supporting even more. It's just a shame you cant use them. I forgot the HID profile for instance.