ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IPOD Connectivity on DEH6400R

ATTN ice gurus,

I would like some advise if poss in connecting (if at all possiable? :confused:) an ipod to my exsiting pioneer DEH 6400R HU. I speant some time a while back now kitting my valver trying to get the sound i was looking for.. i have achieved my goal and now have a decent setup that produces excellent SQ / crisp sound that i was looking for.

At the time i bought all my ICE i couldnt really afford a HU with MP3 support :( which didnt really worry me at the time cuz all my mp3 music i burn onto standard audio / CDR anyway. But now i have so much music (over 40gigs) of mp3s and burning them on to CDs in STD audio format is a real pain in the fecking ass!

Does anyone know how i can resolve the issue in having MP3 support without to changing my HU? ive been looking at the IPOD option, but not sure my HU is supported,

Its a Pioneer DE6400R if anyone can advise?

Cheers.

If im reading right - then this could be the solution :confused::D

This I-trip thing sends out signals - tricks the radio into thinking its broadcasting like any other radio station - the tuner on the HU picks up on this, and streams the music from the Ipod?

is this right? Or am i losing the plot?

Thats what it does, you can by other transmitters, but that one was designed for the Ipod.

Yeah, there may be some quality loss, but it will be as good as a radio broadcast by the bbc or something similar id guess. Ive never used a transmitter, but ive heard there pretty good. Id guess in a normal car audio setup you wouldnt notice a difference, but by the sound of yours you may well do, but its the quickest and easiest way of "wiring" in an Ipod to your system. If your HU has a Left and Right input at the back then you could hard wire it in.

Id find the Itrip website and see what SQs they say it can achieve

Max