ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Remote

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Bought an iPod remote ages ago and I can't for the life of me get it to "talk" to my iPod.

I've visited the Apple website and the support is a bit of a jumble TBH. No clear "Gem Friendly" guidance. (Or maybe I'm just not looking properly).

Anyone wanting to help a thicko like me out? When it comes to Apple products I'm more of a tard than normal I'm afraid :eek:

Much appreciated :)

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Yes Mr Boosh, thats the one I was on about. Didn't realise Apple remote wasn't specific enough....

And no I haven't found the blurb...but as I said in my original post...I may be being super blind.

Any helpful advice? :eek:

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Ahhh cheers mate! I'm honestly looked really hard for it! And yeah its in a speaker system dock - JBL "Circular" shaped system.

And 2nd Gen Nano.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
You've seen Apple instructions I trust?

They basically say:

"Go to our website at: www.apple.com"

Useful.....but thanks dude, I'll give it a go, probably get pissed off when I dont get it and give up :(

Being a girl sucks sometimes...LOL.

That's an Apple Remote - does it even work with the JBL system? I doubt it?

It's just infrared.. It works with Macs, Apple TV, Apple iPod Docks, etc. :p

iPod's don't have infrared - docks do, but then, I reckon you'd need the Apple dock for that remote to work.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Gem you absolute cockhead... lol

My advice fails in this instance, however, in futures... steer clear of technology ;)

as said the apple remote only works with the apple dock. also i don't think you get a connecting cable with the dock, and to power it (if you want) you'll also need an apple plug, all handily sold expensively separately. you may also need a headphone to stereo cable if you're connecting to a hifi without a usb port. and to top it off the menu button on the remote doesn't work with ipods.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I'll stick to getting off my lazy arse to change tracks I think...

Fooking technology!