ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ipod setup for 182

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
how do i go about this? is there a conversion kit for the standard headunit in the 182? or do i need a new headunit?

What are the costs for it?

If i have to get a new headunit is it as simple as plugging the ipod into it?

I am a complete noob at stereo stuff.

ta

seb

106 GTi
Do a quick search on Dension, seems the most popular kit for a standard 182 headunit.

Plugs into the CD changer port, two small circuit boards to hide behind the dash, then the choice of a dock cable to hide the ipod in the glovebox, or a cradle to mount it on the dash. The ipod can then be controlled by the headunit.

Had mine for just over a month now and its spot on, cost 100 quid.

If you go the afte market headunit route, you will still need an interface both to connect it to the ipod.

106 GTi
5 min job. I went for the for the dock cable option ran into the glovebox.

Pull the headunit out, Plug one end of the cable into the h/unit port. Feed the wires/two circuit baords behind the dash/headunit and the dock cable lead into the glove box. Push headunit back in. Plug in the pod and your done.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
wicked, does it work for all types of ipod? so you could use differnet ipods in your car?

106 GTi
The dock able allows all types, used mini and full size on mine. Think the cradle option may be specific to either i-pod, mini or nano but am not 100% sure on that one. It may be the same cradle with an adapter.

Was in the stealers the other day - Renault are bringing out IPod connectors themselves, probably based on the Dension one, but with the price vastly increased lol.

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
i agree with r-jay. Dension kit is great, although i did have a weird little interference problem. Cured itself when i pulled the white cable out of the loom on accident. Didnt lose any features either which is strange....Great piece of kit apart from that little niggle though.

I opted for the Alpine CDE-9850Ri (£190 from CAD), and it's great, just the HU with a cable to plug into your iPod.

You navigate entirely through the HU, and you can browse by Artist, Album and Playlist etc....

Plus you get the added bonus of better sound! :)

Depending on the age of your Clio you should be able to (for an extra £30 or so) get an adaptor which interfaces the Alpine with the in dash display and 'steering wheel' controls.

I say depending because Renault changed the wiring on the Clio for the last few months of production and the interface gizmo does not work, but I think you're safe on a '54 plate....

106 GTi
Yeah on 05 onwards update list models to get stalk, screen and an ipod adapater added onto an Alpine headunit wont be cheap.

I had an Alpine unit ready to go in mine, but got bored of waiting for the display/stalk adapaters, now I am glad I didnt bother waiting because of the money.