ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod solution required

DCi
I have unfortunately broken my ipod FM transmitter thing.
I will have a go at re-soldering the loose connection but tbh I think it is buggered!
I've not got the right head unit to cable my ipod in, but I would like to as the FM quality isn't overly spectacular.

Here is what I am looking for in a new head unit, does anyone have any ideas?

1) USB (etc) connection for Ipod
2) Fits the styling of the car
3) not going to build any form of massive sound system so it can be relatively basic (and thus cheap)

Flame Red Delight
if you dont find a solution mate i have an fm transmitter that i would be willing to sell you at a very reasonable price. It is a good quality one (belkin)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
What HU do you currnetly have??

Std? Update or Tuner List?

Connects2 works with both..... PM MT Audio as he may be able to help you out with a good price.

Mental 172 Cup
i bought a ipod connector for my jvc headunit but it doesnt work with my ipod touch! would be willing to sell if you buy a jvc headunit i would be willing to sell to you! :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i am selling my connects2 lead if you want, nothing wrogn with it but i need my cd changer

378bhp Leon Cupra R
watch what alpine u buy i bought 1 at xmas (9880R) and it didn,t charge the new ipod nano so the place changed it for the IDA X-100 brillant for ipod and comes up with album art.

(Alpine lead K422i does not charge Nano or touch)

DCi
if you dont find a solution mate i have an fm transmitter that i would be willing to sell you at a very reasonable price. It is a good quality one (belkin)
I just soldered mine up and it works, however a cable connection would be ideal as the quality will never be perfect imo

i bought a ipod connector for my jvc headunit but it doesnt work with my ipod touch! would be willing to sell if you buy a jvc headunit i would be willing to sell to you! :)
i have an ipod touch too :(

Get the correct lead as well, and the beauty of this is that you can control it from the HU, and it charges the Ipod. Mine sits in the glovebox, and I only have to take it out to put more tunes on it.
this sounds good, i can be sold by gimmicks like this
Alpine 9880R.
looks good if i decide to be cheap :cool:
go on the alpine compatibility chart on the site and itll tell you exactly what ipods itll do.
mint will do.

Who knows which head units will work with the control stalk (or what extra cost that involves!)

I'm adding more things to my list now... sorry!

Renault Clio Sport Ph2
On the tuner/update list models with a cd changer connection you can also use the original Renault Audio Connection Box. Not only iPod connector but also USB (for thumbdrive) and 3.5mm analog aux input.

Citroen DS3 White
The cable like FloridaDaz is welling are good and also work with the cd changer. Cheap too. It's alot better than my olf (Belkin) FM transmitter and my pod fits nicely in the tray in fornt of the clock...