ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running connects2 to AUX/USB

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is quite confusing and i'll try to explain it the best I can.
I have a connects2 adapter which has a 30 pin ipod male connector coming off it. I am wanting to run this to my flushfit cigarette usb/aux connecter.
Here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400899570689?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This is the diagram of what I am wanting.
CONNECTIONS.jpg

My main concern is whether the ipod to USB/AUX will transfer audio across both the USB connection, and the AUX connection.
The purpose of this is to retain my stalk controls, whilst also having better quality across USB. I prefer it across USB aswell. The only thing that worries me is the amount of different connections that I will have to make. Is it worth it? Is there a simpler method? I don't mind soldering cables if there is a better way!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone? I might just run the connects 2 down the back of my dash and do away with the flushfit install.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
That's a hell of a lot of connectors! I can't advise an eaiser way to do it other than chopping and soldering. Good luck figuring it out though.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's a hell of a lot of connectors! I can't advise an eaiser way to do it other than chopping and soldering. Good luck figuring it out though.
Yeah... There would be the method of chopping off the connects 2 male, and the ipod y usb/aux 30 pin male and soldering those together but that's something i wanted to avoid.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've bought another connects2 for the pricely sum of £5, so will splice that cable into the y usb/aux one and see where I end up! Not really costing me much anyway and can always revert back to just using the ipod cable.