ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Touch and Alpine iDA-X001

Does anybody here know whether the new iPod Touch is compatible with the Alpine iDA-X001 headunit (the one without a CD player)?

Planning on getting this headunit when my R27 turns up in November and thinking of replacing my gen 2 iPod with the Touch.
Also, does anybody know whether my gen 2 iPod would work with this unit?? The gen 2 features a monochrome screen and no album art etc.... so yes i know it would be fairly pointless connecting this to the Alpine unit, but it would be interesting to know.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I own that unit and it is able to conenct to all iPods AFAIK. You have the choice of the old analogue connection (iPod Full Speed) or use the digital usb connector with the previous (5th gen) and current iPods. The iPhone worked OK when I tested it with my headunit so I would expect the Touch to be the same.

See here for more comments but the Touch is working with it. http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=194637&page=9

Last edited: