ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod Touch Help - Internet Connection

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi,

I bought an iPod Touch (8 gb, brand new) a couple of weeks back. So far it's been brilliant. I set it up to my home Wi-Fi and Sky email account when I got it, and it's worked fine with no problems at all.

Today I have added another email account to my iPod, which is a Microsoft Exchange account. Since then I now cannot download any emails or connect to my home wi-fi. I have tried deleting all email accounts on the ipod and also disconnecting then reconnecting to the wi-fi and still no joy in getting an internet connection on Safari. (The Wi-fi settings are correct as they are working on my Dad's iPod Touch)

I have synced it to my PC and I've had no joy with that either.

When I open Safari up, the screen goes slightly dim and says 'Connecting...'

Has anybody any ideas? I presume it's something to do with me connecting it to Microsoft Exchange?

Cheers,
Martyn.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the replies.

This error message popped up before when trying Safari: ''Operation could not be completed. Invalid argument.''

I Googled it and read that I need to reset the network settings, as you said Gary, and turn off/on my router. It now works again! Apparently, something to do with the iTouch losing the original IP address.

Anyway it works :)