ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod, Zune, Haha.

VaVa
I might be alone in this, and I have a nano myself, but I can't help thinking that iPods are overrated. They look gorgeous, as with most Apple products. But they don't sound that great, the buttons are fiddly, they're not the most reliable thing in the world and the iTunes software is f**king shite.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Itunes is bloated s**t..

The sound quality isnt perfect but can be improved 10 fold by chucking the crappy standard headphones and getting a decent set.

I find the buttons/interface to be almost perfect.. I can find any track or song even though I have hundreds easily.

VaVa
The interface is ace. I love the way you can sort through your tunes. I just don't get on with sliding my finger round to scroll through stuff. Not quite accurate enough for me (perhaps I'm just hamfisted lol).

Mk2 Golf GTI
I might be alone in this, and I have a nano myself, but I can't help thinking that iPods are overrated. They look gorgeous, as with most Apple products. But they don't sound that great, the buttons are fiddly, they're not the most reliable thing in the world and the iTunes software is f**king s**te.

1) Buy decent headphones,

2) How fat are you fingers, lol?!

3) Use Anapod explorer

VaVa
1. I have Grado SR80's.

2. My fingers aren't fat - you roll your finger round, remove you finger form the circle to press select and it moves. Perfect it aint.

3. I'll try it, but that does not excuse the fact that the OEM software is rubbish.

4. I wondered how long it would take for an Apple fanboy to come along. ;)

Just wait untill the i-phoe comes out, then apple will have there fingers in loads of pies, i'll be trying to get an i-phone when they come out it's a complete all in one gadget; phone, music player, camera and i'll be awsome to use in the car in conjunction with a decent headunit.

iTunes is the best music player/management of them all.

The good thing about the iPod is, it doesn't matter how bad it is, how good it is, it'll still sell the most and people will still want one. Same with Windows, no matter how s**t Vista is, it'll still sell to most people.. and most people will use it.
Loads of people call "MP3 players" "iPods".. even when they're not.

It's market share. It's just funny Microsoft don't seem to like it, when they don't have it. ;)

VaVa
It doesn't take a genius to realise why people buy them. They're as much of a fashion accessory as anything else. Ever since victoria beckham was pictured wearing one when they first hit the stores you knew they'd be huge.

Monaro VXR
and i thought Creative invented the interface?

They did and Creatives software for transferring music to the player is also superior in my eyes. So much easier to just drag and drop and be able to edit everything via my computer.

There players also have superior sound quality. But there standard headphones are awful. And usually hurt to wear for anything longer than 5 minutes.

Mk2 Golf GTI
1. I have Grado SR80's.

2. My fingers aren't fat - you roll your finger round, remove you finger form the circle to press select and it moves. Perfect it aint.

3. I'll try it, but that does not excuse the fact that the OEM software is rubbish.

4. I wondered how long it would take for an Apple fanboy to come along. ;)

Hardly a fanboy! I mean really, what sort of SQ do you expect when using an MP3, it's hardly a vinyl. The EQ sucks though.

I've never had the scrolling problem though.

Fabia vRS
i use my ipod with a nike+.

afaik there is nothing else like it on the market for other mp3 players.

ipod ftw!