ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iRacing

Anyone playing currently? I've been thinking about playing it for years, never really had the time to put into it, but as I've recently changed to part time work, I've been able to give it some time over the last week. Still very much a rookie, with only 10 starts to my name - had a couple of podiums in the MX5 cup at Summit Point, just raced on Okayama tonight and got my first win. Got a clip of the first few laps - not the cleanest race in the world, haven't really got the pedals set up to my liking yet, so a bit I/O on the throttle. Contact at the hairpin for the lead, I'll let you make your own mind up who was at fault. Quality has been raped :(

Last edited by a moderator:
  Yaris Hybrid
I've read about that game and it sounds awesome. Love the way they basically make you treat it as if it were real to stop the nonsense you get on many online racers where people constantly deliberately outbreak themselves and slam into the back of you at corners.

Would love to get into something like that but I don't have space for all the wheels, pedals and triple monitor setups that you need to be competitive these days. Same thing is happening with games like Forza and GT where you need a wheel and pedals to be any good.:(

Guess I will get Grid 2 instead where I might have a snowman in hells chance with a pad.

Suppose it is a natural evolution as sims get more complex. Same happened with flight sims.

Maybe one day I will get to put the PC in a bigger room!

Clio 1.2 mk2
I've just got my D licence in iRacing so exploring some faster cars. I really enjoy the fact you have to be careful if you want to progress. great game. Maybe end up racing you at some point.

Titanium 182
I play this. I tend to just do Street Stock oval racing, as I'm terribly uncompetitive on road tracks.

DCi
I've just got a subscription.

I had one years ago but never really understood it. Now I've got my head round the safety rating and licenses etc.

At the moment I've just been doing the Mazda @ Summit - I'm getting down to 1:26:5xx but not sure how far off the pace I am?

Anyway I like it and it rewards a bit of fore thought so enjoyable so far... Shame I'm away from home 4 nights a week!

MY10 R35 GTR
I'm on it too, just built up a rig.

1:26.5 is no to bad, you should be aiming for low 1:25s

DCi
I have zero confidence in turn 3 (off camber left hander) I think it'll come right down when I get that one right.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I have this, if anyone wants to race add me. My in game name is Ansleigh Davidson. Dont ask why...

DCi
Do you get the Oulton Park circuit with the subscription? Or is it a separate payment? Looks great from the static shots...

D.

$14 add on
(Yes dollars)

I bought it, it seems a good recreation to be fair.

I'll add you when I get back from working away, Ansleigh ;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Watched a few minutes of iain187 's race this afternoon until he had a slight alteration with another car.

The Skip Barber also looks a lot easier to drive than I remember.

Yes and yes.

Bit expensive for me but usually hear good things about it.

i may look more into this then, i love a competitive race without some hill billy using me as there brake. Going to be getting the thrustmaster 500rs in the new year as well so these should combine lovely!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If you want to race cleanly iRacing is the game for you, be warned the handling characteristics are like no other game and it is very difficult to control to cars to begin with.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't say the sim, or it's racing has gone to s**t, but the development definitely has. Mind you it's still one of the best, even though barely anything has happened to it since 2008.

DCi
Watched a few minutes of iain187 's race this afternoon until he had a slight alteration with another car.

The Skip Barber also looks a lot easier to drive than I remember.

Haha I had no idea

I am way off the pace in those skip barbers, I can't break 1:50 on that track yet and I've seen people doing 1:45

I've noticed I can play with the setups now but haven't bothered yet....

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Haha I had no idea

I am way off the pace in those skip barbers, I can't break 1:50 on that track yet and I've seen people doing 1:45

I've noticed I can play with the setups now but haven't bothered yet....

From the short amount I saw I noticed you were easing towards the apex rather than keeping wide under braking towards the corners.

That may gain you a few tenth's I reckon.

Setup's are hard, I usually steal a good one from the forums and modify it slightly as i need to.

DCi
I was racing the Mazda on the same track last week and I can get that right over the curbs properly but you can slam the breaks on and it never blinks... Not quite as confident in the skip yet... It'll come

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just had a blast in the skip, the brakes lock up so easy and finding the balance between over and understeer is tough, but its not as bad as it used to be!

Managed a 1:47.9 so i am pretty happy with that tbh.

The car really drums home the need to get braking and downshifts sorted before entering a corner and then keeping the throttle constant/progressive mid corner.

It's tough but you'll get there I am sure! :)

Two 0 Shitx
I wouldn't say the sim, or it's racing has gone to s**t, but the development definitely has. Mind you it's still one of the best, even though barely anything has happened to it since 2008.

It definately has mate i played it massively from 07 to 09 and it's nothing like as good as it used to be league races included all the top drivers lost interest or went to iRacing.

DCi
ahh the amount of times people accuse you of crashing them in this game is frustrating...

i got to the first corner before the guy in front of me (off the grid) he drives into my rear wheel (so he must have seen me, looking at the replay) and he accuses me of causing the problem haha

oh well

MY10 R35 GTR
New wheel fitted

3DA28174-E173-43CE-874E-CBB19E8B4A31_zpsln2xtjwd.jpg

1B01D86D-C3D6-451D-BA66-DC5D6DC0FF8E_zpscmvihuer.jpg

1056A687-7798-4BE3-86AE-9E4F6CE246ED_zps9pzvjb3c.jpg

Jap Shed
I spend most of my time on AC, do you recon IR is worth it with only a couple of hours free during the week?