ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iron X Cleaner

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Firstly what does this exactly do and whats it used for (wheels or Body?)

Is it just a case of spray on and wash off do you need to use a sponge / brush to work it in ?

​Last but not least where is the best and cheapest place to buy this stuff ?

172 Cup
1)Firstly what does this exactly do and whats it used for (wheels or Body?)

2)Is it just a case of spray on and wash off do you need to use a sponge / brush to work it in ?

3)​Last but not least where is the best and cheapest place to buy this stuff ?

1)Wheels and bodywork, Quote "Iron X opens up the paint's pores to release ferrous particles and to neutralize caustic compounds that have developed in the paint's subsurface. Ongoing damage is immediately stopped and future damage is prevented by removing the ferrous particles."

2)Probs get different answers, but I spray on, agitate with a damp cloth, leave it 5 minutes or so then hose/spray off

3)I got mine from i4detailing was about 11/12£, can be cheaper just do a google search

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Iron_X_500ml_Spray_Bottle_1.html

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Buy from carpro direct or i4detailing.

is used to remove brake dust and other iron contaminants and fallout.

can be used on wheels or body. Spray on, leave for the reaction to start. Iron contaminants will start to turn purple, it may require additional product sprayed on if there is heavy fallout. Rinse off. Wheels will often benefit from agitation with a detailing brush prior to rinsing

done

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You just had your car detailed boy!

Is it for another?