ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

irratic idle and missfire

Ive done a search before anyone asks but have found nothing to help me

I have a clio 172 cup and heres the problem

When i bought the car it had quite a lumpy idle, it was due a cambelt change so i took it to a reputable company who have all the correct locking tools etc, they informed me that someone had had a go at replacing the belt unsuccesfully before hand and it was a tooth out which would have explained the lumpy running and por running when cold.

Since having it replaced properly its still lumpy but it now has a very lumpy idle as if its searching and occasionally when i stop at a junction the revs die right down before jumping back up to idle, i also have a slight miss fire on part throttle below 3000rpm.

Ive changed the plugs today and tried a coil pack that i knew was working but these did nothing to help.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help me?? would be very gratefull

fitted new throtttle body today and it seems so far my problem has all but gone, still a little lumpy on idle but as far as im aware this is common on 172's ive yet to drive it from stone cold so fingers crossed itll still be good