ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is 7 previous owners TOO many for a 182?

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Morning,

Still on the hunt for 172 cup/182. Found a 182 with cup packs, 04 plate 100k miles.

It has had 7 previous owners, would you avoid?

Cheers

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Thanks, do admin allow you to post any links to vehicles on here? I just wondered if anyone had owned it from Cliosport.net

cheers

2004 Racing Blue 182
No. I’m the 13th/14th owner of mine. I can trace the last 4/5 on here and it’s mint. If it’s been well looked after, no bother [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Thanks, do admin allow you to post any links to vehicles on here? I just wondered if anyone had owned it from Cliosport.net

cheers

Yeh links are allowed, get it posted up so we can have a look.

As said, I wouldn't be too worried about 7 previous owners, these are old cars now so as long as it's been looked after, serviced as it should, belts done on time, you should be fine.

The rear wiper doesn't sit properly, so you'd need to see why. Yep the carbon fibre interior strips can be swapped out, and the french flag colours in the grille can be removed.

All in all, if it's in good nick & has good history to go with it (cambelt + dephaser & all that shizz done a couple of times) that's what you want.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Hope not lol.

Had mine over two years (rare, very) so I must quite like it.

Condition, history etc.

As an indication. The first of the 7 clios i've owned i had for 5 weeks iirc, two of them were in the showroom in work lol.

Being picky,
Its had new steering wheel thumb grips and the Renault and sport badge have been stuck in the wrong position
also missing front splitter.

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Being picky,
Its had new steering wheel thumb grips and the Renault and sport badge have been stuck in the wrong position
also missing front splitter.
Some good spots here! All things that put me off, i am also picky but i'm in not rush to buy. Chances are there is a better one out there without these minor niggles
If nothing else turns up by this weekend then a i may take a drive to the garage, if the body is mint and drives well then i may just look beyond these issues

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Some good spots here! All things that put me off, i am also picky but i'm in not rush to buy. Chances are there is a better one out there without these minor niggles
If nothing else turns up by this weekend then a i may take a drive to the garage, if the body is mint and drives well then i may just look beyond these issues

but they arnt 'issues', they are things to address. Honestly wouldnt let those types of things put you off mate

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Thanks all, lets see if anything better pops up locally in the next few days.

Nobody familiar with this vehicle then?

Marc 182

ClioSport Club Member
Just to put this into perspective, I'm owner 11 of mine! It's been utterly faultless in 8500 miles since I bought it last summer. Cost £1500 and alright it's far from mint, but she does what she's supposed to and drives A1. Has a stack of history and finding some of the past out on this forum was very handy, but goes to show how important maintenance is. These are tough little cars, mine is just coming up to 136k. I've just done a 5k oil change and she feels unburstable. I don't think I've ever owned a car that does everything I ask of it so effectively!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
May be worth a nose if local.

But 133k
Too expensive
Body work needs doing
And the sound part in the advert

172 Ph2
I just viewed one with 11 previous owners.
As already said, go on condition and how it drives - and your gut feeling.

Clio 200, BMW135i
No. I’m the 13th/14th owner of mine. I can trace the last 4/5 on here and it’s mint. If it’s been well looked after, no bother [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do these cars have so many owners? Wrong people buying them? Fuel cost? Too fast for them? Any ideas?