ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is 94K on a 172 too high?

Clio 1.2 8v (2002)
As the title says really. It's up at £2500 and has been looked after.

Just wondered whether or not the mileage is too high for £2500?

leon cupra R
if the car has good history all belts done etc drives good then no its fine, if ou look after the car it shud run for a very long time

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
As the title says really. It's up at £2500 and has been looked after.

Just wondered whether or not the mileage is too high for £2500?

If it's got a full service history, and is well cared for then i'd go for it.

My mk2 172 hit 100k yesterday, and that runs better then ever :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've got one on 110k but its got very good service history and runs great. I paid nowhere near that much though

RB 182
My flamers on 91k now and still pulls like a train. Its needed a few £ spending on it this last year, but i wasn't suprised at the mileage. My previous one had 105ishk on it before it got written off

Me personally mate would'nt touch it
But im funny with miles me....
When it comes to you selling it your not gonna get nothing for it
theres plenty out there to buy...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Russ_16v's is on 130,000 iirc

Still runs as new apparently, as said mate, religious service history and it should be a problem. £2500 is a bit pricey for those miles though

Phase 1 172
94K is fine. The only thing wrong with that is the price! I got a ph1 in black with 56k on the clock for £2800 with FSH and all that.

Shop around abit mate there are so many bargains out there because of the credit crunch!

Mine's done 132k (108k by me :), runs fine. Original clutch. Still 190psi in each cylinder and just made 174bhp ATF with a ktec stealth.

It's more how the miles were done, all motorway/ dual carriage way is fine. Around town lots of gear changes etc is a different matter. When you get in does all the interior seem worn, clicky door hinge? All signs of lots of smaller journeys I'd say. I've always had high miles cars nothing to be feared on modern engines if they've been looked after.

Clio 182
Mines done 91k on a ph1...................... bought it on 86k but only cause it had a full history. belts done etc etc

I paid less than that for my Cup - in good all round nick, 93K, history, no accident repairs, recent brakes and bushes etc. etc.

There are bargains out there if you look hard enough.

Cheers
M

53 Clio's & counting
Russ_16v's is on 130,000 iirc

Still runs as new apparently, as said mate, religious service history and it should be a problem. £2500 is a bit pricey for those miles though

:D 125k to be exact matey, 141@ the wheels, 173.3 @ the fly and 149 lbf ft torque, with the only mod being a stainless cat back :)

Mine's done 132k (108k by me :), runs fine. Original clutch. Still 190psi in each cylinder and just made 174bhp ATF with a ktec stealth.

It's more how the miles were done, all motorway/ dual carriage way is fine. Around town lots of gear changes etc is a different matter. When you get in does all the interior seem worn, clicky door hinge? All signs of lots of smaller journeys I'd say. I've always had high miles cars nothing to be feared on modern engines if they've been looked after.

So true, mine spend most of its life on the motorway, and even with my miles i have no rattles at all

clio rs
my cup is 89k fsh everything done - run more sweet than my mates 172 with half the mileage. So its fine, just check that everything is done