ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is AG the hated colour on the 200?

Audi A3, Exige S, R26.R
It just seems theres none around..

Most of the dealers seem to be getting white ones.

The missus is looking at getting one and wants AG. I love the colour but initially didnt care too much for the new front end. Its her car so her choice but its grown on me anyway now.

Is it really a love it or hate it colour? or is down to the 1200 quid extra?

The thought of having a cup200 thats a bit of rare colour appeals but my concern is its going to be difficult to sell on...if it really is that hated?

I dont think it photographs well at all. So if some have only seen pictures viewing in the metal may change there mind.

Whats people thoughts?

Also does anyone have any pics of one with AG, Black wheels and the little spoiler?

Ta

ETA: Hello BTW, signed up ages ago when I nearly bought a Clio Trophy but never got round to posting. Finally have a Renaultsport. Just bought an R26.R. I love it.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Its the best colour for the 200, people go for white because its the "in" colour as such

Barge
It's not metallic. :( I still love it though - it's not quite as in your face as I might like it to be - I was hoping it'd be more like the Acid Yellow of the vee, but nevertheless it's still nice.

I'm not sure I'd 'hate' any colour in the 200.

Barge
Ah just had a look so it is, doesn't look too metallic-like to me - looks pretty flat if I'm honest. :( I'm quite disappointed really, I was expecting something more like the ST Green had it been non-metallic and something really spectacular like the gleam of a LY in metallic.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Ah just had a look so it is, doesn't look too metallic-like to me - looks pretty flat if I'm honest. :( I'm quite disappointed really, I was expecting something more like the ST Green had it been non-metallic and something really spectacular like the gleam of a LY in metallic.

Its like Acid yellow, in some light's it looks very flat & pale green & in sunlight it looks bright illuminous yellow :hail:

PS 200
I choke at £400 for metallic paint - never mind £1,200 for Green paint.

Seen one in Aberdeen and it's OK - but not worth the money (for the paint) imho.

Audi A3, Exige S, R26.R
I agree I dont think its worth 1200 extra. I suppose you could agrue the 850 extra for the recaro seats isnt worth it. Its just down to personal taste i guess.

She's getting a green one anyway, the R26.R is white so we should have a bit of variety I guess.

Just concered after the initial 'cool we have a green 7RS style clio' has worn off it might date quickly.

I think it will be more like liquid yellow. People will drool over it in years to come.

White is a fashion thing. Give it a year and nobody will want white anymore.

I'd have a green one. Fo sho.

FCS25.jpg

FCS26.jpg

DCi 100
My mums had a green corsa all my life, or since I can pritty much remember anyways, so I shall never like green cars just simply because of that.

Mini Cooper S sport
You can only see it's metallic up close, same as lunar grey - but it is.

FCS2009666.jpg

I think alien green's an amazing colour, but it would look better on the 197 than on the 200.

Civic Vtec y0
My better half has ordered a Pistachio Green Clio (Albeit a 1.2), must admit I love it in that colour but not too sure about the AG tbh

C

Cupster

I choke at £400 for metallic paint - never mind £1,200 for Green paint.

Seen one in Aberdeen and it's OK - but not worth the money (for the paint) imho.

lol the Fiesta my Mrs wants - Hot Magenta 645 queens! ffs.

In person it's just like liquid-yellow.

Barge
I didn't think it was... Although, I don't remember a lot of detail other than how f**king rough I was at FCS. LOL! :eek:

RS200
I test drove an alien green one i think they look ok but i never even considerd it o the LY because of the price tag plus if i left it on a dark street i,d be worried it would get raped by chavs in that colour. i chose white cos i think it looks best ive always loved the 197s in white and the 200 is the same. blacks nice too...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I test drove an alien green one i think they look ok but i never even considerd it o the LY because of the price tag plus if i left it on a dark street i,d be worried it would get raped by chavs in that colour. i chose white cos i think it looks best ive always loved the 197s in white and the 200 is the same. blacks nice too...

I wouldn't leave my old 172 down a dark street.. let alone a brand new 200, whatever colour it may be ;)

RS200
lol somtimes it cant be helped, i dunno what im gunna do when i get mine im just going to have to keep it in sight.:approve:

My better half has ordered a Pistachio Green Clio (Albeit a 1.2), must admit I love it in that colour but not too sure about the AG tbh

pistachio does look rather nice :cool: post some pictures for me when you have it :D maybe it would have looked good on the 200

i also think Renault should have offered a metallic red on the 200

Last edited:
In years to come it will be the colour to have on second-hand 200s if you can find them, imo. The new Ph1 Flame, Sunflower Yellow, Liquid Yellow etc, if you will.

If I ever win the lotto I am finding myself one of the 4 Lunar Grey Vees.

BG182®
Its a colour I would think twice over but I don't hate it. Its different from the norm and I like that too :/

We've sold an LY one, and have a white showroom car on the way (yawn).

Mine would be cup spec, Ultra Red, Black Speedlines, Aircon, Recaros, Done.
Im tempted... Drove a 197 today, my phase 1 felt like a 200k piece of dog s**t on the way home.

BG 182 FF
alien green or the LY is the only colours I would have the 200 in due to the fact the colours make the front look a lot better