ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is anyone capable of fitting a turbo timer for some cash?

Clio182Turbo&Clio1.2
Thats what I do do at the moment but would be cool to have a turbo timer, just need to find someone to put one in :(

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
The problem I found with my turbo timer, is you can't lock the car with the key fob whilst the engines running. So whilst it might look cool jumping out your car whilst its still running, you look like a bell hanging around waiting for it to switch off so you can lock it :D

Best to just take it steady for the last mile or so, as has been suggested above.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would recommend this. From destination a drive like you want and when getting to destination b slow down and take it easy, done.

172 cup
As above i used to drive slowly for the last bit of my journey. Also not sure if it was rubbish but a few people told me that leaving your car to stand at idle wasnt the best way as the engine temp wont drop much due to no airflow so when it turns off a minute later the oil is still hot.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Prob very true. I never thought about fitting one, chances are some clown would walk past and go 'oh the owners left the keys, lets have it'

Mk2 Ph2 172
On my old rs turbo I used the clifford intellistart to help running the car after I parked up... Could to take the keys out and lock car and you can turn the engine off by a button....

Also was great To start the car on cold mornings from inside the house :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As above i used to drive slowly for the last bit of my journey. Also not sure if it was rubbish but a few people told me that leaving your car to stand at idle wasnt the best way as the engine temp wont drop much due to no airflow so when it turns off a minute later the oil is still hot.

It's the oil continuing to go around the turbo that's needed, not the engine cooling as such.

Use your noggin...

Keep it off boost for the last 5 mins if you've been blatting about like a mad thing anyway. If you've driven for an hour at 100+ down the motorway boosting the arse off it, leave it to idle for a few mins when you get there. If it's 3am, and your car is noisy and you can't really sit there like that, stop a few mins away where you can do so.

Having a noisy Impreza means I have to plan ahead ;)