ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is clio 182 far better than172 mk1

er no, very nearly the same car, except of course you get a warranty with the 182 (and you will need it), and its a newer car

172beast

Nowt between em in terms of straight line speed, 182 with Cup packs handles better though in my experience, still have a mk1 172 over a 182, original and still the best hehe tis a lot rawer the mk1 172 though.

Elise/VX220/R26

I think most of the changes made have been cosmetic, 182 gained 10 bhp but also more weight. 182 caught someones eye in EVO wheras the 172mk 1 and 2 didnt so the 182 seems to have been a bigger success. Personally although I bought my 172 new if I was buying today I would either get a yellow mk1 or a mk2 172, mk1s do look a bit dated but if Im honest I prefer the more sensible looks of the 172

Yaris Hybrid

Downside of the 182 is those two exhausts as they kind of give the game away and spoil the fun. Would be more fun having a 172/Cup as to the untrained eye (Audi TT drivers etc) they look identical to the 1.2s that old ladies drive to Tesco....

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 March 2005
Downside of the 182 is those two exhausts as they kind of give the game away and spoil the fun. Would be more fun having a 172/Cup as to the untrained eye (Audi TT drivers etc) they look identical to the 1.2s that old ladies drive to Tesco....

Couldnt agree more, and without the twin exhaust there would have been room for a spare.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 March 2005

Hey not all old ladies drive 1.2s! Just the "insurance challanged" 20 year old students like myself!

Well, in our drive we have my other halfs Mk2 Ph2 1.2 Authentique and my Ph2 172. Both are blue - and we use both for shopping.

But I dont think many people would mistake them when theyre parked together! Fair play, my mums Ph3 Dynamique does have the same style wheels as my 172, but again, parked next to each other people always know theres "something different" between the two...even if they dont know what it is.

The Ph1 172 makes a convincing case for itself over a new 182 on account of the fact most will be a good £5-10k cheaper by now. Isnt that the same when comparing any older model with a new one though?

I doubt many people would be able to tell much difference behind the wheel. My 182 test drive before buying my 172 didnt make enough of a case for itself to justify the extra £5-8k Id have needed to spend.