ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it a Clio or a DTM car? help me find a quieter exhaust.

None
Hey folks,

First post on here as my Clio 182 arrived at 1pm today.

The car is currently fitted with a Powerflow exhaust and de-cat pipe - it's incredibly loud.

Does anyone know if I can just swap in a cat and make it quieter, also those £80 cats on ebay seem far too cheap - what's the crack with them?

If anyone has a standard exhaust setup, I'd be keen to swap! Based in East London

182.jpeg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
cat wont make much difference. person who fitted the powerflow probably asked for extra chavvy loud please.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
one of the 182s I bought came with a chavtastic powerflow, it used to make my ears bleed! I replaced it with a ktec centreline, what a joy to drive after that! I fitted a ktec silenced decat with it too

Plenty of quiet systems out there, Scorpion & Miltek to name two. Fitted with a centre section (resonator) and a cat it will be perfectly fine and likely barely louder than normal.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I need to do this too, my ktec is unresonated which is nice at full chat and at tickover just not cruising at 60

None
Is there a standard exhaust replica for sale online? I'm not bothered about upgrading the performace of the car, I just want it diveable.

Seen this on ebay, it's the only one that doesn't brag about noise, race or power increases

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I’m in a similar position, my car has a Scorpion RS192 ‘cat back’ with a decat basically it’s a straight through bodge from manifold to back box! I’m desperate to refit a cat and some form of middle box. Alas standard cats are too expensive even second hand now. So I’m likely to fit a aftermarket or sports cat

monaco 172
Cat makes a massive difference to the volume.

I used a 90 quid eBay special cat on my 172, it passed the mot no problem and the quality was really good. Even came with a fitting fit, which I binned and used a genuine Renault kit