ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it bad to hold high RPM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't take it above 5k, you may cause danger to your manifold and your floor pan will fall off.

Open your window you should be able to hear the distant whine of a 1.2 not being thrashed but held at 5000rpm.

PMSL.

your a tail, not been funny country roads are the most dangerous of roads I have been driving 2 years and just wrote off £4500 worth of corolla because country roads are leathal, I know you asking a simple question but just because you do 5k in 2nd wont get the girls at the bus stop from year 10s pants down quicker. #ripspeed

Is this a Barnsley insult? tayul.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pistons speeds in your car are lower than in a F4R like most of us have anyway for the same rpm as you have a smaller stroke.

I cant see it doing any harm just being at 5K a lot TBH, obviously 3k it would last longer, but I think it will be fine either way.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I hate cs sometimes........but when we get threads like this I love it.

5k rpm? Is that all you have son, take it to the limit.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That's a brilliant idea, right up until someone who isn't on CS sees the calendar and asks why 'Make your own induction kit for £1.50' is on the calendar.

172 Phase II
Pistons speeds in your car are lower than in a F4R like most of us have anyway for the same rpm as you have a smaller stroke.

I cant see it doing any harm just being at 5K a lot TBH, obviously 3k it would last longer, but I think it will be fine either way.
I agree. Just take it easy on the gearbox, don't go granny shifting. Double clutch, like you should.

Also:
To be honest OP I would make a new CS account and start a fresh.

Just remember, statistically, c**try lanes are are safest possible place to be driving at high speed.

Or is it the other way around?

WRX
Yoohoo!

D7113C48-698B-43CD-9539-D44D1814AE73-1662-000002D779ACB856.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
don't funny understand that ^^^ . 1.2 brakes are the same as the 1.6 etc... our 1.2 TCE has brembo discs and lucas callipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.