ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it better to use the more expensive fuel?

ph1 172
Hey, what fuel does everyone use, normal unleaded, or the more expensive unleaded?

what difference (if any) does the different types of fuel make to economy/performance etc?

cheers

Clio 172
So many different answers and opinions but I use V-power purely because my engine runs smoother than using normal. I've had a remap and other work and running normal fuel makes it run rough. BUT 101.9p a litre now!!! Grrrrrrr

Renault clio 182
well i tend to not fuss over what unleaded pet i use as i dout it will make that much of a diffrence but i spose it is cleaner and better for your car and can tend to give it more performance but hey money is more important to me than an extra 0.1 of a second :eek:

M2 Competition
Car runs better on super unleaded, is mapped for high octane fuel.

You'll also get much better mpg, which will offset the difference in price.

tiTTy & SV650
arguable... the ecu adjusts for 95 ron or 98 ron (99 ron or more is a waste of money IMO)

ph1 172
yea, ive heard that it can be better for you engine (dont know the theory behind it)

just wondered what all you guys use

MCS R56
The V-Power etc is better and probably worth the money. May or may not give you a bit more performance, better MPG and should look after your engine a bit better.

I always use V-Power. It may cost a bit more I can live with that.

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
I have the Total Exclemium stuff in at the mo. Seems akay but its only 97 ron and cost me 4p a litre more than vpower! :)

RS Clio 172 Ph1
I'd say 'yeah' Vpower all the way. Not sure of MPG gains but I have no probs with cold start lumpy idles like a lot of people have had with cheaper/lower RONs. So that sells it to me.

ive been running my 182 on normal unleaded fuel and tbh it runs fine, never have any problems, i did run it on v-power for abit but tbh didnt notice any difference, even mpg is still the same on mine with std unleaded! my 182 is totally std

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Never noticed any difference in petrol brands and rons in mine, but the standard map reads off 95 not 98 so i wouldn't expect it to do so.

182cup & 172 racecar
I must admit I do get a few more miles to the gallon(litre)out of the higher octain and it picks up slighter quicker,so yes it does make a slight difference IMO