ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it common for variable valve control pullies to go wrong?

ibiza cupra
na flushed and changed it all but it didnt make an ounce of difference, a mate had a look at it today whilst i was at work and said that it could be this but to find out if it was common or not. how much are they ? renault said that the are £73 +vat but my mate said that he paid £90 for 2 normal clio cam pullies so im not sure if they quoted me on the right part or not. does that sound right?

Skoda Fabia vRS
they are common on, i think, 1.4 and 1.6 16v engines, not really done many on 2.0l before

does it rattle from a cold start

ibiza cupra
not from cold no. it sounds like a diesel when it warms up but then goes when you rev it past about 1500revs but comes back again when it drops back to idle speed.
heres a vid
th_Video0000.gif

ibiza cupra
is this the dephaser pullie as i went into renault today to ask for a price on a dephaser, vvt pullie and a cambelt kit and he said that the dephaser is what controlls the vvt so i assume that it is the same thing, just 2 different names. am i right in thinking this? if this is the dephaser pullie then i think that is the part im after as this is the part that my mate pointed out to me
th_dephaserpulliecopy.gif

ibiza cupra
if you dont mind mate that would be great. i think they are £73 +vat as im pretty sure that, thats the part renault quoted me for first.
are they the same part as whats on the 16v non sports?

ibiza cupra
typicle lol as we have a riteoff one at work and i could have just swaped them oh well looks like ill be giving you a bell at some point to see if your busy again fred lol

RB 182 Cup
how do you know if this has gone? mine lately feels dog slow, now power ect but after turning it off and going again its feels faster?

ibiza cupra
mine sound like a diesel on idle but the noise goes away when i go above 1200 revs which is when the dephaser kicks the vvt in if im not mistaken. but it doesnt make the noise untill it has warmed up first which is funny as when it is cold it idels at 1200 revs. hhmmmm coincidence i think not.