ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Purge control solenoid valve - 2005 Trophy

Clio Trophy
Afternoon gents, I need a new purge control solenoid valve but I'm struggling to find a supplier online; anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks

Andy

Clio Trophy
The code P0443 is showing on the OBD reader that the EVAP System Purge Control valve is registering a fault so I need to replace the valve.

R3k 1355 - I've only had the car a few weeks so I don't know what companies to use; have you got a number for RPD please.

Cheers

Clio Trophy
Struggling to get this clip off the purge valve; is there a particular method as I don’t want to force it and break the plastic cap.
Thanks

Attachments

• 3DC1A187-24A7-4A9D-A14C-3D2ABAEF16A7.jpeg
    3DC1A187-24A7-4A9D-A14C-3D2ABAEF16A7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  Clio Trophy
So then guys, fitted a new purge control valve a few weeks ago (a brand new genuine Renault one) and everything was fine.

A few days after, the EML light popped up again. I checked the pipe connections and they seemed to be fine but the electrical plug didn't seem to be seating properly so I removed the small yellow insert and then it felt as though it clicked in better, so I thought that had cured it. I've since done about 150 miles since and then today, I went for a quick run around the block as the car hadn't been out for about 3 weeks and when I came back and just left it ticking over on the drive while I opened the garage door. When I got back in, the EML was back on :mad:. Having checked the fault code, it was showing the same issue with the purge control valve so I'm now at a bit of a loss as to what to check next. One of the pipes that runs from the carbon canister seems to run to the fuel tank under the car so I was wondering if there was something that may be at fault with this pipe? If anybody has any ideas or has suffered the same issue and can offer some help and advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
The Yellow insert you removed - was it soft/rubber? if so it s a weather seal, so that needs to be back in there. If it was a hard clip then chances are that retains the wires/pins in place so will also need to go back in or wires will come loose.

Clio Trophy
The Yellow insert you removed - was it soft/rubber? if so it s a weather seal, so that needs to be back in there. If it was a hard clip then chances are that retains the wires/pins in place so will also need to go back in or wires will come loose.
It was a hard clip if I recall so I'll pop that back in and see if it cures the intermittent warning light issue; thanks for the advice.

Clio Trophy
It was a hard clip if I recall so I'll pop that back in and see if it cures the intermittent warning light issue; thanks for the advice.
So, I have finally got around to trying to sort out the intermittent EML relating to the purge control valve. I was wondering if anyone knew where the other end of the wires that plug into the valve actually go to so that I can try and trace them and check for any breakages or damage. They disappear into part of the wiring loom under the bonnet but I'm not sure where they actually go to; if anyone can help please.
Cheers

Andrew

Clio Trophy
1 earth, 1 back to ECU
Pin 8
wire 0.6
colour 3BB
CANISTER BLEED SOLENOID VALVE
Thanks for that; what does the 3BB mean for the colour? Also, I assume the battery has to come out to remove the ECU; see attached photo. Is pin 8 obvious when I get the cover off the ECU? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Renault's, grew up with classic Mini's so it's all a bit different!
Thanks
ECU.jpg
ECU.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Battery can stay. The metal cap comes off top of ecu holder (can be very stiff). That will expose ecu connector block.

No idea what colour codes mean, thats just what ive seen online and copied it in. But numbers are shown on the ecu connector.

Clio Trophy
Battery can stay. The metal cap comes off top of ecu holder (can be very stiff). That will expose ecu connector block.

No idea what colour codes mean, thats just what ive seen online and copied it in. But numbers are shown on the ecu connector.
OK, thanks again; I'll have a look over the weekend and see how it goes.(y)