ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is it just me?

Monblue bombay badboy!
i dont know if i am the only one but i just dont like the ugly looks of the 197! I really do think that renault have lost on this one after the 182 i thought things were on the up and they would next bring out a stunning new addition to the cliosport family but they didnt! They brought out a car that looks like it should be in a power rangers movie next to a slime dribbling alien! It may just be me and no offence to 197 owners we all have our own tastes feedback welcomed thanks :S

Mondeo TDCI 130
is it fook ugly! its just new! trust me in a couple of years when the average person can afford one, they will be popular and everyone will love them! i think they look really well!

I like it. Its not one of my favourite cars but its far from ugly IMHO.

Incidently up until today I'd only seen a couple on the road - today I saw four in the space of an hour! I was beginning to wonder if they were'nt selling.

S-Max
I wouldn't go as far to say they're awful. I would agree that it hasn't followed the trend in improving the look from the previous model. 172 cup is quicker than any 182 but you can't argue that the 182 looks a bit better with the twin exhaust and all. 197 looks worse than all 172's/182's & they aren't even quicker!!

tiTTy & SV650
the back and side look awesome, the front sits too high and looks too 'pedestrian friendly' lol IMO.

megane
i said the same about my megane(new shape) 6 months l8r i got 1 lol!!
put me deposit down a 172 this week though, missed me 1.2 clio so much so goin for top spec now insurance is a ok,
megane was an is a great car though even for a 1.4, long journeys no problems soooo comfortable sum times to comfortable

182FF c/w Recaros
Yep.

Ugly. Course it may (not driven one) be a fantastic car to drive but i just couldn't bring myself to get one.

Last edited:
C

Clio_Craig

not ugly at all, but im not biased lol :D yes they will take a bit of gettin used to for most, as its a completely different shape and style

Audi TT 225
I think renault started to loose it after the ph-quick ;)
purely becuase the ph1 is rough, nasty, brutal and a bit of an animal.
Then the cliosport started becomng more refined and civilized... more toys, more weight. Tweak after tweak. Im not slating the ph2's theyre still awesome cars but they lost that "rraaaahhhhhh" feeling you get from a ph1.
But I do like the new clio's, not drived a 197 but have driven the new shape and its a very very nice drive... bit detached as a driving experience but very easy to drive, pleasant experience...

All my oppinion tho :D

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
6.9s to 60, faster than the turbod and lighter corsa vxr around the track and faster than the focus st around the track. Whoever says they are 'slow' clearly doesn't have a clue what they're on about. It's not the be all and end all but some people on here just open they're mouth and let the s**t flow out of it.

C

Clio_Craig

6.9s to 60, faster than the turbod and lighter corsa vxr around the track and faster than the focus st around the track. Whoever says they are 'slow' clearly doesn't have a clue what they're on about. It's not the be all and end all but some people on here just open they're mouth and let the s**t flow out of it.

Lol, Ouch!!! very quick :D

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design

Lol, Ouch!!! very quick :D

It's true though. You'd think those driving RS models would know a thing or two but you always get the ones who talk utter rubbish. Fair enough if some people don't like how it looks but it's the random comments from some which show howw much they actually know. BTW, I'm not being all defensive simply because I have one - I would hate for everyone to have one because then everyone would have one and I like the exlusivity on the road at the moment as I've only seen 5 on the road.

visualize whirled pe
They look pretty good in photo's but I think they look too big in reality, I think the twingo will be a nicer looking car.

C

Clio_Craig

exactly m8, ur rite. ive only ever seen 3 on the road and in my area ive seen more aston martins driving round than 197s

Tangoed Works
197's look absolutely amazing to me. For a "small" car, as everything is massive now, they have soooo much road presence. Stunning little motors. Not enough for me to justify changing my 182 for one, but if I was in the market for a new RS. I wouldnt hesitate to make the 197 my first choice.

Monblue bombay badboy!
some people on here just open they're mouth and let the s**t flow out of it

everyone is entitled to there own opinion mate no need to take offence because you have one;)

cup 182 mit stripes
In the fullness of time when we can look back at all the Clio rs variants with objective impartiality, I predict the 197 slaggers will be vindicated lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
they aren't ugly to be fair

...they're just fat and slow!

We are going to disagree here for the first time ;)We had it up against my 182 and there was NOTHING in it! All you haters are wrong, they are an awesome bit of kit, and i will deffinately be getting one! Looks are awseome, much more purposeful than the mk2 phase 2 range

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
197's look absolutely amazing to me. For a "small" car, as everything is massive now, they have soooo much road presence. Stunning little motors. Not enough for me to justify changing my 182 for one, but if I was in the market for a new RS. I wouldnt hesitate to make the 197 my first choice.

Spot on. There is nothing new in the clios sector that looks or has as much presence on the road. :approve:

Less
as much as u guys say its ugly, this is the way that clios are going. In order for this forum to move forward and invite owners of 197's posts like this are detrimental. Opinions aside this is a cliosport forum, bringing onboard 197 owners futureproofs the forum.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
thats whats your ran on in its R/R session?

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
Thats what I dont see the point of tho!
Its got 25bhp more than the 172, and its exactly the same 0-60!!!

Fat boy!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yes but no slower, which 90% of this forum thinks. They are wrong. Once 197's appear on tracks with 182's etc, you will see ;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
it is a heavier vehicle! that is a most, modern safety features, a trillion airbags etc etc!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
We will all own them in a year or so........ The told you so threads will be used many a time ;)