ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it really neccesary to saw the exhaust?

My new k tec cat back system arrived today, for a 1.2 and i began fitting it today when i realised i couldnt get the old exhaust off, as its a one piece from the cat back? i rang k tec and they told me to saw it! but if possible i really wouldnt like to do this, anyone know how to get the off without cutting it?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
My new k tec cat back system arrived today, for a 1.2 and i began fitting it today when i realised i couldnt get the old exhaust off, as its a one piece from the cat back? i rang k tec and they told me to saw it! but if possible i really wouldnt like to do this, anyone know how to get the off without cutting it?

Drop the axle off?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I had this problem with mine, remove the bolts from the top of the rear dampers and drop the rear axle. Only way, I sawed mine off as the damper bolts where stubborn so I gave up and got my "tool"

cheers guys all sorted now, dropped the rear axle out and pulled it out, given up for tonight and grabbed a beer will fit the new system in the morning

Astra Twintop
Pfft!

Angle grind the old one off.

Thats what i did.

Then beat the old system with a sledge hammer for being so pants!

ha when i got it off trust me i just wanted to smash it against a wall for been such a tw*t and annoying to get off!

and its in perfect working condition, so can sell it or keep it to put back to standard when i come to sell it