ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it the wheel bearing

Need a bit of help please.My mk1 172 is making a low frequency whirring noise from one of the front wheels i think.The noise gets worse when i turn a sweeping left bend,making me think its coming from the drivers side wheel.Also when i go over 70mph it gets worse and the steering wheel vibrates slightly.Ive checked the wheel nuts but not had time to get it up on the jack to check anything else.Do you think its the wheel bearing or something else?I cant get to the garage till Wednesday so some help just know would be good so i can maybe order the part.Its been making the noise for about 5 days but today it got a lot louder.Cheers for any help.

Yea that happened on mine on drivers side now the bloody passengers side has gone now!! Cost me 28 quid for one inc VAT

Quote: Originally posted by Louise on 06 January 2004

just did one on my Williams, and the other is gone now. GRR
I had this run around before with my old 106, replace one bearing then the other one goes.. grrrr :mad:

Im doing my front ones this weekend... both sides :D