ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth getting an iphone now or waiting for iphone2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
If you had to upgrade now and get into an 18 month contract, what would you do? any insider knowledge knocking about?

GW RS200
They might announce a new one in June, but thats a long way off. When you consider that it might not even get a European release for another 4-6 months it begins to look like a long wait. Anyway, they always offer you an upgrade (if you extend your contract) if you have a previous model. What's to wait for?!

2014 Focus Titanium
They might announce a new one in June, but thats a long way off. When you consider that it might not even get a European release for another 4-6 months it begins to look like a long wait. Anyway, they always offer you an upgrade (if you extend your contract) if you have a previous model. What's to wait for?!

The lead time from announcing the iPhone 3G to getting it on the shelves was very minimal, about a month I think. Personally I would wait, 18 months is a hell of a long time!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i'm worried they won't do the upgrade for exisiting users this time... iphone2 might be too big a jump and they'll want to get their money's worth..

Citroen DS3 DSport
I can't see a early upgrade offer from o2 this time around, we'll be treated the same as any other contract customer with a subsidised handset. No guarantee o2 continue to have the exclusive rights on any new handset though, with any luck it can be bought sim free from Apple.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Rumour from latest firmware update says iPhone 2 on the way. People are assumming June as it'll be a year from the 3G release but unlikely anything will be confirmed for a while yet if the next gen is actually on its way.

I was close to buying one or going for a cheapo version (nokia 5800) but decided will wait and see if anything gets announced in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.