ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my car f*cked?

Tonight I went on a delivery and there was a flashing light on my dash that looked like the gearbox. It stopped flashing after a few mins and didn't come back on for an hour or so. It came back on and is now constantly on, occasionally it'll flash, but then go back to being constantly on.

I can't find my manual either, so can't look up what the problem could be. The feel of the car doesn't feel right either, seems kinda slugish and I'm sure I can feel a slight vibration through the steering wheel.

Can anyone look up what the light means for me and what the possible problem could be?

Don't think mine comes with a shift light. It's not an RS, just a bog standard 1.2 16v. It's an image of the gearbox, bottom right underneath the speedo

Chocolate Bar™
is it the wierd little rectangular thing that is orange?

that should be the 'toxic fume monitoring warning light'
if it lights up permanently consult your renault dealer as soon as possible
as soon as it flashes reduce the engine speed until the light stops flashing.

Chocolate Bar™
lol - hope you've got a warranty or they charge you 20quid to take the cover off the laptop lol

Lionel Richie
yeah its the "1.2 16V has crap electronics" warning light

i bet you a £5er your car is drinking fuel???

it'll be map sensor, air temp sensor (on TB) or lambda (probably the pre CAT)

Mégane RS
Heres a pic from my manual dont know if it helps

Instrument.jpg

My car had this problem, spark plugs were the issue! What are you guys getting MPG wise? I get around 30mpg town driving, no motorway.

Oh yeah, as for fuel useage. I'm going through loads. Says about 35mpg, but I'm filling it up every 2 days so I don't think it's telling me the right useage

clio 2. 1.2 16v
your car probly aint that bad, alot of clio's com in at my work for this, usually it needs a new sensor, its not gosbal though. oh yeah, by the way the renault dealership i work at charges about £80 an hour labour rate. thats the same for all ren dealerships.:eek:

182 Cup
I had this problem and guess what caused it? Damage to the main wiring loom which had to be replaced to the tune of £350. Apparently this is not uncommon!

Got my car back from the dealers today. My car wasn't running right as the injectors were blocked apparantly. Which made it so the car didn't idle well and was giving the sensors readings of bad emmisions. Dunno if that's true or not, but they charged me for injector cleaning fluid.