ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

is my car remaped?

Clio 172
got the car a couple months back, and it seems every so often to stop for 5 minutes and not start, checked all the sensors and had diagnostics scan, is there any definate way to tell if the car has been remap wrong?

Clio 172
because I have drove other clio 172's and the power is deliverd so much diffrent it seems to have alot more power above 4000 than before, compare to the other car which was pritty equal all the way through the rev's, also the mpg is like 25-29 at best! im thinking its over fueling the engine maby?

Clio 172
that is my point has someone remap it badly? if you plug a computer it does it tell you what map you have?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
An RSTuner will give you a good idea.

Try find someone local that has one.

340i
A diagnostic tool could tell you... Or an RStuner as said.

Normally a tell tale sign is a higher rev limiter.

big boost cup
^ This warm the engine up on a good drive then hit the limiter it should rev more higher than normal

Clio 172
right I took the car out and it revs to 7.5k, which by the sounds of things means its been remaped! has anyone got a rstuning that could help me out! im near hull will cover the costs obviously.