ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my Cat dying

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
When i come back from work 1hr on the m'way. Alot of noise coming from underneath the car, like a ticking sound. Or sounds of rice being shaken in a tin can!

Is this normal or is my cat dying? Poss. slight mpg loss but not alot.

clio f7r with bodies
just sounds like the exhaust cooling down to me, metal sounds like its ticking due to it contracting etc.

None
My cat went and sounded like a normal blow, but 40 odd mile later it got much much worse then just dropped off. :-(

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nah, do you? You finished your fast yet gimpo!

Thats how i roll!

I have geezer indeed. Got my misano's fitted but no more mods as tax bill is due and HMRC want some money for my student loans:quiet::quiet: the kuntz!

*it is this is how i roll*

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
PMSL! Buckled at that comment!

Employers love me man. Everyday is an adventure when im at work. I was in a snow white uniform today with a pink bra and on a cycling machine. * killin it*

Is it moving?

Is its chest rising up and down?

If you kick it does it run away?

If you answered no to all the above then I am afraid your Cat is dead :(

PH1 172 Sport
I would recomend having your cat in the car while driving down the motorway not strapped to the underside or the car, I dont think the RSPCA would be too happy....

Nissan 350z
Sounds like your cat might indeed be on its way out.

Have you checked over the exhaust to make sure there are no obvious leaks where its blowing? If you can pin the noise to the centre than give the cat a tap and see if it rattles like a tin full of rice.

Mines in the same situation, its annoying to listen to but i dont have the money to spend replacing it so im putting up until it fails an MOT due to emission... or drops off whichever happens first :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i had the same sort of sound - my cat was knackered and not laong after the middle box followed. The honeycome had discintegrated

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i had the same sort of sound - my cat was knackered and not laong after the middle box followed. The honeycome had discintegrated

No problems when im driving... just when i park up