ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my exhaust dead?

RS Clio 172 Cup
I bought the car last week and everything was fine, engine pulled really strong to the redline and the exhaust note was nice etc. I noticed the other day that the backbox was making a rattling sound a little (sounds like something rattling around inside) and yesterday on the way home from work after a quick blast I noticed a drop in high range power and a loss of any exhaust note!? The backbox is now rattling even more. Does anyone have any experience of failed cats's or baffles etc and does this sound like a likely cause of my problem?

thanks in advance
Nick

RS Clio 172 Cup
Cheers fella, sent a wire coat hanger up the tail pipe, couldn't get it in wtf? Bit more force an OMG baffle blowing everywhere!!! Red hot baffle burned into my arms, nice!! anyhow it runs sweet again tho and pulls nicely all the way through rev range.

​Nick