ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my little clio OBD II compatible?

Mk2, Ph1, 1.2 Grande
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this,:eek:

I have an S reg 1998 1.2 8v Renault Clio mark 2 phase 1, and i wanted to get some sort of trip computer as i am a gadget geek:clown:

I have my eyes on this one on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TurboGauge-II...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2308f0c10b its a turbogauge, BUT i don't know if it will work in my year of clio.

Does anyone know if my car is OBD II or EOBD compatible? as this device needs it to work, and i don't want to waste all this money on something thats useless.:S

Also where is the OBD II or EOBD thingy in the car?
Any help?

Thankyou

Mk2, Ph1, 1.2 Grande
But the eBay ad says all cars from 1996 onward.:eek:
Hang on Fastchip, do you mean not compatible or you don't know?

Jap Box
Best bet would be to ring a renault dealship and ask them matey :)

Does sound quite nifty though, if you do find out please say as im interested in that too.

Mk2, Ph1, 1.2 Grande
Ok if i find out i will let you know, its difficult though,:S as no one seems to know our particular model of Clio :eek:

Clio
It will have OBD connection but it isn't OBD2 compliant as Fastchip says. The Ebay OBD reader will not work unless it has Renault specific software. You need something like the Autel FR704 which has French software (Renault, Citroen) Even then the information you can grab will be limited to reading and clearing engine, ABS and Airbag fault codes. To retrieve engine data you will need the Renault Clip tool but now you’re getting into silly money.

Oh and the OBD is under the ash tray below the heater controls.

Mk2, Ph1, 1.2 Grande
Thankyou cliocc :star:

An excellent answer that answers all my questions :)

Thankyou for your help