ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my viper fecked

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

after my recent engine problems the viper was drenched in engine oil! Is it now buggered as the phrase goes? ive got a piperX cleanin kit but im worried the engine oil will have damaged the foam!

Cheers

steve

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

think it mite be a bit of warm water an the cleanin kit on sat cos the car feels totally diff without it!

Elise/VX220/R26

use some thinners on it m8, I thinhk all the cleaning kits are is oil mixed with thinners

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

no theres nowt in the instructions sayin to rinse with petrol!!!

you mite be rite tho jonnyboy it smells similar! mmm aerosol abuse LOL

on my tin of Pipercross dirt retention additive it says that to clean your filter you should rinse it in petrol and Not in soapy water.

hey how do we clean or oil the viper kits, im having trouble with mine, it doesnt make any noise and i must be doing something wrong. shall i oil it? i dont know what the oil is for?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by DeanRSi on 05 February 2004

on my tin of Pipercross dirt retention additive it says that to clean your filter you should rinse it in petrol and Not in soapy water.
my instructions read.....

Step three: Flush the filter with warm water from clean side of the filter to the dirty side

Not callin you a liar mate just readin wot mine says!

doesnt say soapy water tho! just says to use the air cleaner additive then use the dirt retention additive.

on the back of my tin it has:

Cleaning Filters:To clean filter rinse filter in petrol. DO NOT WASH IN SOAP AND WATER. if the filter is very dirty it may be necessary to repeat this operation.When clean, allow 30 minutes for the filter to air dry.Sterting the engine during this time could result in a blow back igniting.

Oiling Filter:Apply additives to both sides of the filterin sufficient quantityto ensure an even coating throughout the material.Massage with fingers. Do not use an excessive amount of additive as this can reduce horsepower.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i would wash it with petrol, as oil and water will go all cloggy and nasty, ever got your hand covered in propper oil then tried to wash it off, its NASTY

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 05 February 2004

i would wash it with petrol, as oil and water will go all cloggy and nasty, ever got your hand covered in propper oil then tried to wash it off, its NASTY
know what you mean!

mite have to ring piperX!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 05 February 2004

use some thinners on it m8
Noooooooooooooooo!!!

The thinners could damamge the foam and f*ck the Viper!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Whats right for cleaning one filter is not necessarily right for another...

If the Viper is meant to be cleaned like that then theres a reason!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

think dean has a viper too tho! i would have thort all vipers would be cleaned the same.

need to ring bout gettin a new air feed any way.