ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is our F4R engine reliable

I am wondering how reliable it is??? I read a magazine that compare VW Golf, Pug 206S16 and Pug 306S16. The comment on our F4R (Clio 172) is engine reliable problem.

I am wondering if anyone has major engine problem. If yes, why and what that is?

thanks! :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

not me, 36k miles of THRASHING and it goes like stink. Not a single problem, ive seen a lot more expensive newer cars sat on the side of the road with their bonnets up.

Fingers crossed I havent had any problems with mine but then again i have no real mods to it and its only done 14K

[Edited by Fat Bob on 13 September 2005 at 5:17pm]

VaVa

From all the things that go wrong with them, from my time on here I can noly recall a handful of actual engine problems. Mostly niggly electrical problems, but very few mechanical failures in comparison.

Ph1

Bought mine from new and have done 65k of hard driving with only a leaky zorst manifold to let it down !!!

Im still on the original clutch too !!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

there a good engine if you look after them - vw owners and peugeot owners tend to be a little more mature and older than renault owners so tend to stick to service intervals and get timing belts changed when needed etc etc + 172 owners tend to track there cars a lot and give the engine a hard life. You can make anything last forever if you look after it

Lionel Richie

yozzas first engine 80,000miles 30 odd track days, thrashed constantly, eventually blew up

everything was changed before the services intervals (ie cambelt at 60K instead of 72K)

no reliability problems, if its a local HK magazine, ignore it, they dont know anything.

Trust me, ive dealt with them........