ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the Clio aerial amplified?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I think so yes, thats why people replace the aerial base when signal's crap.. its because the amplifier gets damp.

ITB'd 172 POPTART
I've took it apart and it didn't appear amplified. The spirals are in a helical omnidirectional shape an is a classic design used to better pickup radio waves. The dab is a different sketch all together. Used the digital interface on a radio.

The Renault base has an attenuator built in but I believe all the amplification will happen in the radio itself in the form of cleaning the attenuated signal up for clearer listening.

Generally amplification only occurs when transmitting.

Correct me if wrong :)

FF RB 182
The FM works fine, its just the windscreen DAB one is a bit dodgy so thought i'd try this.

Clio 182
Dab autoleads antenna is amplified runs regardless of analogue aerial for dab frequencies- just get urself another dab antenna, seen amplifies analoges mainly on vw's/audis 2006 onwards, some euro cars use fakras also but generally not amplified, sure Matt (mtaudio) can confirm

PH2 RS172
. i would replace the windscreen mount for a decent quality one. ive fitted 5 now with no trouble. you could swap the roofmount for a dab beesting aerial if you can get the original out with no hassle. you would need to run a new cable though upto the headunit. more hassle than a windscreen aerial but nicer finish to it. you would need to replace everything aerial related as dab runs on different ohm cable to what standard aerial cable is.. or.... try the original cable if you must but i doubt it will work well if at all :)

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Get the sticky rear window screen one that has the antenna built at right angles. Don't mount it too close to and power sources as it interferes with the signal. (Tempest or crosstalk) mount it on rear screen about 1ft below the top. There is a small co-axial input on after market head units.

Is it standard Renault your looking at doing it for??

FF RB 182
I've already got a DAB windscreen mount but its f**king s**t. I'll post a photo of how i've mounted the aerial. brb

FF RB 182
IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

ITB'd 172 POPTART
I'm sure it's green glass on the front. My road angel never worked there. I mount my antennas and things on the back 3 screens/windows.

ITB'd 172 POPTART
. i would replace the windscreen mount for a decent quality one. ive fitted 5 now with no trouble. you could swap the roofmount for a dab beesting aerial if you can get the original out with no hassle. you would need to run a new cable though upto the headunit. more hassle than a windscreen aerial but nicer finish to it. you would need to replace everything aerial related as dab runs on different ohm cable to what standard aerial cable is.. or.... try the original cable if you must but i doubt it will work well if at all :)

This is a good idea

FF RB 182
Stereo does DAB / DAB+ not sure about the aerial as far as i'm aware. I get all the BBC stations where I live ok..but everything else picks it up and as soon as i start moving it breaks up.. and in town/around buildings its shite and can't get nothing and get loads of noise etc.

PH2 RS172
hmmm. have you checked on dabs website to see what you can receive in your general postcode? i only had that problem with old dab not dab plus so thats very strange. signal shouldnt need boosting dude it should work aok just plugged in :-/